battery acting up?

isoDUB

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone can help me with my droid 1. i always charge the battery until it says charged or 90% then turn it off for the night, but sometimes in the morning it boots up and the battery is 60%-80%. am i not charging long enoough pr is the battery going bad? i usually charge from 50%-70% for 30 min to an hour. thanks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
can anyone help?

ras0787

Reaction score
They changed the way they make batteries now so you can leave them on the charge even though they are completely full. This will no longer diminish the life of your battery. Try leaving it plugged in overnight and see what happens. If its going bad i think the batteries are relatively cheap anyways (like 20-30 bucks?) Give that a shot first anyways though! Good luck let me know how it works out!

ras0787

Reaction score
Also if you're rooted boot into clockwork recovery and go to advanced the reset the battery stats if you haven't already tried this.

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
thanks ras i'll try that.

also i just thought of something today. does charging from the usb ports on my pc give it less power? i've been doing that for the past week or two, so that might be the problem.

one more thing. whats a reliable seller and brand for batteries? i prefer buying from like best buy or target or radioshack. saw a battery from lenmark, but i dont know if its a good brand

thanks

Sent from my iOS beast

ras0787

Reaction score
When you charge from the usb port on your computer it charges way slower and takes way longer. I don't really do it unless I absolutely need to.

As for batteries I personally prefer to buy all my stuff from Verizon or a store that sells Verizon phones and batteries. This is all preference though. My roommate has an extended battery from some 3rd party company but I don't understand how he likes it lol. That is the bulkiest thing I've ever seen. His phone is like 6 inches wider. It seems to work ok for him though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
well no luck with the battery yet. i still didn't try charging overnight. so it won't harm the battery right? also what does reset battery stats do? i think i'll just stop turning it off at night... seems like its a booting thing...

Sent from my iOS beast

ras0787

Reaction score
Charging the battery overnight will not harm the battery in anyway whatsoever. The clear of the battery stats re-calibrates the battery. There is a potential that your phone is not reading the battery correctly and clearing the battery stats could fix the issue if that's the problem. If all else fails it could be a problem with the battery. Before buying a new one though I would backup and do a factory reset just to be absolutely certain, if you havent already tried that.

ras0787

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Towards the bottom it explains why you don't need to unplug your charger when the battery reaches 100% battery life. A lot of great info in here though I would read the whole thing. It also talks about why it isnt good to fully discharge before plugging your phone back in.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries – Battery University
[/FONT]

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
thanks. it just occured to me that i only charged for 1-1 1/2 hours from 15%, so that might be it. gonna try the battery stat thing too though. also, what will a factory reset do?

ras0787

Reaction score
It resets your phone to the way you bought it. You only want to do this as a last resort. If it comes to this though, read up on backing up your configuration and apps before doing this.

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
okay. i feel real stupid. the "battery problems" was just me not charging long enough. left it in the charger for a few hours and now its all good. thanks for the help and that article though. learned a bunch of stuff from it (my psp battery must be crap now >.<).

another thing. can the battery stat reset be done in sprecovery?

Sent from my iOS beast

ras0787

Reaction score
No problem sir, no reason to feel stupid! Glad to hear everything is good now!

As far as sprecovery goes, I'm not to sure. I've never used that one so I'm clueless there haha.