bigkiller?

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
It is now after 1:30 PM, the next day and my battery is at 50%. I am going on almost 44 hours on a single charge. This is a first for my Droid.

Skaggz

Reaction score
For the sake of making this somewhat of a scientific study, can you please list which widgets you have on your homescreens, along with their refresh rate? Also, which home replacment app are you using, if any?

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
For the sake of making this somewhat of a scientific study, can you please list which widgets you have on your homescreens, along with their refresh rate? Also, which home replacment app are you using, if any?

I am using HelixLauncher. I think if anyone is interested in seeing if this works they should try it themselves with the settings they have. I have everything mostly off and it works for me.

Wadman

Reaction score
Lightly used? In your first post you stated that you "played with the Droid a bunch of times." Which is it? Where exactly are you gitting your 90% figure from? If you're using a battery level widget, it has been killed by your miracle app you have there.

But then again, you you believe that killing processes that use little to absolutly no system resources at all can give you unbelievable battery life, more power to you.

Why such hostility. I mean seriously. Sorry that not everyone knows as much as you. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then why even post....to prove that you know more or what.

Anyway, I downloaded another task killer and have seen my battery life extended quite a bit. I said in another post that I don't have to take my power chord to work with me. And yes, I installed it after the 2.1 update. The update did nothing for my battery use. I do agree that 10% is hard to believe...but there is no reason to flame a guy....

Darkseider

Reaction score
I got rid of all app killers and tried "bigkiller" app and seems to be a good app to save battery for me. I charged my battery yesterday at 6 o-clock and played with the Droid a bunch of times and the battery level stayed at 100%. This morning playing with the Droid at 9:30 this morning it is at 90%. So far so good for me.

Well, I'm against any kind of auto killing app to be honest with you. I don't see how it saves battery because apps in the background simply don't use any battery and you can see that in your about phone/battery usage. However since my Droid is upstairs charging right now I'll take a look. That's a pretty large claim you're making for a Droid to have only used 10% of its' battery in a 24 hour period. Still I'll be fair and check it out asap.

Hey Hook I think I speak for everyone saying that we would be VERY interested in your findings. I am in the "No task killer" camp so it would be interesting to see if this does indeed do anything. For anyone that is wondering I have tried a few of task killers (automated and manual) and have found no difference and sometimes WORSE battery life. So this will be interesting to see.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
I got rid of all app killers and tried "bigkiller" app and seems to be a good app to save battery for me. I charged my battery yesterday at 6 o-clock and played with the Droid a bunch of times and the battery level stayed at 100%. This morning playing with the Droid at 9:30 this morning it is at 90%. So far so good for me.

Well, I'm against any kind of auto killing app to be honest with you. I don't see how it saves battery because apps in the background simply don't use any battery and you can see that in your about phone/battery usage. However since my Droid is upstairs charging right now I'll take a look. That's a pretty large claim you're making for a Droid to have only used 10% of its' battery in a 24 hour period. Still I'll be fair and check it out asap.

Hey Hook I think I speak for everyone saying that we would be VERY interested in your findings. I am in the "No task killer" camp so it would be interesting to see if this does indeed do anything. For anyone that is wondering I have tried a few of task killers (automated and manual) and have found no difference and sometimes WORSE battery life. So this will be interesting to see.

I tried the other app killers and they did nothing for me. I found this one and wanted to try it. This one works the best for me so far.