Biggest android peeves

Shri

Reaction score
Considering this is an android phone, there is no excuse for not having these functionalities:

-Google search freezes EVERY TIME. It's usually fine after the wait/force close window decides to present itself.

-Gmail app won't let you save attachments. You have to do it through gmail.com.

-Cannot remove loud DROOOIIID sound at bootup. Particularly a problem when your phone decides to reboot itself all the time.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering this is an android phone, there is no excuse for not having these functionalities:

-Google search freezes EVERY TIME. It's usually fine after the wait/force close window decides to present itself.

-Gmail app won't let you save attachments. You have to do it through gmail.com.

-Cannot remove loud DROOOIIID sound at bootup. Particularly a problem when your phone decides to reboot itself all the time.

Running any task killers, or antivirus? Get rid of them.

Do a factory data reset. You have something that's causing an issue with your Droid.

Want to remove the Droid sound? You can root and do that.

Save attachments? Yes you can, you long press on the attachment and an option comes up to save it. I don't know if the Pro comes with Files like the D2 does but if it doesn't download a good file manager like Linda or Astro. Also don't forget to download adobe for pdf documents.

OP
S

Shri

Reaction score
Tried a factory reset, no help. Uncomfortable with rooting without knowing much about it - really I haven't taken the time to read about it.

Attachments in gmail app - there is no long press option. Tried pressing all over the screen. There are other threads about this as well. It's just a ridiculous oversight.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
Tried a factory reset, no help. Uncomfortable with rooting without knowing much about it - really I haven't taken the time to read about it.

Attachments in gmail app - there is no long press option. Tried pressing all over the screen. There are other threads about this as well. It's just a ridiculous oversight.

Yeah there's definitely no way to save attachments from the gmail app. That is very annoying indeed.

Other than that, no complaints. I don't have any of the problems that you are experiencing.

And about you being afraid to root, its as easy and safe as downloading an app and it will do the rest for you.

google123

Reaction score
Haven't had trouble with Google Search, just sent myself an email from Yahoo to Gmail with 4 files attached, downloaded each of them just fine. Also, rooted and removed DROOOOID and camera shutter sounds within 2 days of ownership of my Pro. :D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uncomfortable with rooting without knowing much about it - really I haven't taken the time to read about it.

If more people thought like you, we'd have alot fewer folks in here with "oh no I bricked my phone what do I do?" threads. Kudos for not undertaking a process you are unfamiliar with.

And about you being afraid to root, its as easy and safe as downloading an app and it will do the rest for you.

No, Shri has the right idea. If you're gonna root, you should learn about the process (and how to recover from any issues) before attempting it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Never have had any of those issues.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can root very easily and quickly using Z4root. Just wanted to share. That's what I did.

Reaction score
Complete Android novice here. Took me maybe 10 seconds to root using z4root.

Haven't experienced any of your listed peeves. I've had one random reboot, but that was before I updated the OS.

Maybe you just happened to receive a faulty phone?