[BETA] Succulent-Desire-v-5.0-RC2

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
I need help on how I can change the launcher for my home screen. When I first installed this rom it gave me three choices for the home scene n I want to change it to a different one but I can not find where or how change it any hep would b appericated.
Also when I dock the phone the screen sometimes acts up I I ty to type while it is docked. But other than that this rom is awesome pairs with chevy1 kernels.

There's an app you can DL from the Market called Home Switcher. You can easily go to any launcher you have and set default as needed. Love that app, and an essential tool in the flashaholic's toolbox.

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
I just installed this and I so far, so good. I wasn't sure how I was going to like the HTC looking launcher, but it's def suttin diff, and it's pretty nice. I've been using the latest versions of BBeast and CM, which are bother very zippy, so I was a lil speculative. But I must say, this is on par or better! I'm using at P3 1.2GHz kernel (Bekit's don't get along w/ my Droid) and I'm getting 9.7 MFLOPS or better every time. Now, let's see if it's stable. But def a ROM worth trying.

I do have a question, though. Is this made to look like the Desire ROM, or is this another version of it? In other words, I'm wondering if HTC apps will run on this. That would be kinda cool. Not a big deal, and I'll probably answer my own question, but figured I'd pose it anyway.

EDIT: Yeah...that's a no go. Figured as much.

SUGGESTION: I'd like to be able to configure a diff dialer and internet app. Especially the internet app. And I like having diff configuration options in a launcher, anyway.

SUGGESTION #2: 5 screens is good, 7 is better. And I understand that there's a new version coming out, which I very much look forward to.

GryphonD

Reaction score
Hmmm....

Going from

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download BEKIT7X1000LV.zip

to either
*********** - online file sharing and storage - download BEKIT7X1100LV.zip
or
*********** - online file sharing and storage - download BEKIT7X1200IV.zip

is for some reason causing continuous bootlooping.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Hmmm....

Going from

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download BEKIT7X1000LV.zip

to either
*********** - online file sharing and storage - download BEKIT7X1100LV.zip
or
*********** - online file sharing and storage - download BEKIT7X1200IV.zip

is for some reason causing continuous bootlooping.
1 ghz flys on 6.0 wait till tomarrow thats when its being released. but if you want to run the kernel now go for 1 ghz its still smoking. :D

GryphonD

Reaction score
Jumped over to P3 kernels, the 1.2 installed and is running just great, it also is running a little cooler temp than the Bekit 1k was.

rcfx

Reaction score
I need help on how I can change the launcher for my home screen. When I first installed this rom it gave me three choices for the home scene n I want to change it to a different one but I can not find where or how change it any hep would b appericated.
Also when I dock the phone the screen sometimes acts up I I ty to type while it is docked. But other than that this rom is awesome pairs with chevy1 kernels.

Incase you haven't figured this out yet, you can change this by going to "Settings > Application Settings > Manage Applications" (This is what android tells you when you select the check box to always use the selected application). I am now using LauncherPro too (Thanks versusxiii and garrett), I prefer it to the others included.

Here's a link to the transparent notif. bar, just choose that one out of the pack.
DroidStuff Blog Archive Transparent Bundle

I downloaded the file in the link provided, however when I to open it with Metamorph, I get an error stating it is invalid because the theme control file is missing or not correctly written. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I believe that you need to change that file to xml format. MM changed some things not to far back and older files will not work anymore. They are suppost to be fairly easy to change to xml but I'm yet to have tried myself.

Hey I'm sorry man, I just saw this. Yes this is done with the older version of MM. I've had some problems with the newer one so I've been using the previous one that seems to be problem free. Here's the link for the conversion program Which changes to xml by danation from the ModMyMoto forum:
*********** - online file sharing and storage - download ThemeControlFileUpgrader.zip