[BETA] Succulent-Desire-v-5.0-RC2

V

verian

cant get kernel to go...? help

What recovery are you using? Did you remember to select "allow update.zip install" prior to selecting intall update.zip. The more info you share the faster your issue will be resolved.

im using 99.3b recovery and yes i allowed update in recovery,,started doing the process but quickly it aborted it..
love the rom just wanted a 1.2 kernel
thanks for your help

I would try a different download for that kernel or a whole different kernel all together. It sounds like the files bad or something If you PM me the link to that kernel I put it on mine and see what the result is.

V

verian

WIFI baby!!!!!

So we have addressed that the wifi app that comes with the rom is not working in this beta. Right NO wrong. I have no idea why but I really needed to wifi tether to d/l linux mint Isadora because where I live I only have mobile broadband and Its maxed out till sunday night.

I put 4.5 right back on the DROID and did what I needed to do. Then during the return install to 5.0 beta I wiped factory rest, cleared cache. I did it 4 times over and over again (sometimes I do weird crap just to see). And then BAM it works on 5.0! I have no idea why, woodyman said he new it didn't work its a beta after all. but why would these steps trigger what was needed to make it work? O well I win again! I don't take crap from inanimate objects!

Rsswga

Reaction score
What recovery are you using? Did you remember to select "allow update.zip install" prior to selecting intall update.zip. The more info you share the faster your issue will be resolved.

im using 99.3b recovery and yes i allowed update in recovery,,started doing the process but quickly it aborted it..
love the rom just wanted a 1.2 kernel
thanks for your help

I would try a different download for that kernel or a whole different kernel all together. It sounds like the files bad or something If you PM me the link to that kernel I put it on mine and see what the result is.

tried it today and it worked like a charm..
1250 kernel, thanks guys

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed any unresponsiveness when going back to the homescreen?

Or a delay when opening the app drawer?

i'm having these two issues and cannot figure it out for the life of me... i haven't installed anything new nothing that isn't supposed to be running in the background, no extra processes.... i'm at a loss here...

spare parts isn't showing anything out of the ordinary...

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com

i'm having these two issues and cannot figure it out for the life of me... i haven't installed anything new nothing that isn't supposed to be running in the background, no extra processes.... i'm at a loss here...

if your using Launcher2 then i've noticed it as well, and im sorry to tell you that its the launcher, its never really truly worked on the droid which is sad cause i really enjoyed it, but i've slowly been adjusting to the regular launcher, and havn't had any of those issues.. :)

so, try a different launcher and see if it changes anything, only thing i could really suggest.. hope that helps.. :)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

if your using Launcher2 then i've noticed it as well, and im sorry to tell you that its the launcher, its never really truly worked on the droid which is sad cause i really enjoyed it, but i've slowly been adjusting to the regular launcher, and havn't had any of those issues.. :)

so, try a different launcher and see if it changes anything, only thing i could really suggest.. hope that helps.. :)

yeah ive since been using both helix2 and launcher pro and the problems went away.

EagleStrike

Reaction score
I really wished launcherpro had the sense ui look that the launcher2 does in the rom. Sadly, launcher2 is so damn slow so i deleted it and am sticking with launcherpro all the way. though I do love the rom more than others that i have tried. I cant wait for "Genesis" though I heard its being renamed.