Best Case?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the only thing that has me a little puzzled is how I can get the dock to appear while using the kickstand in portrait mode...that's the only drawback I see about this case/holster....

Well I fixed that drawback..;)... I recompiled the GB 2.3.4 DeskClock into an installable APK and it now works perfectly in portrait mode just by launching the DeskClock app while the Bionic is charging and with the kickstand on...awesome...:D Working on getting the weather to show on the deskclock now..(weather added...);)

Last edited:

kurnyb189

Reaction score
I ordered the black/black Incipio double case when I ordered my Bionic and dealt with it for the first 4 days and I couldn't stand it any longer!! The inner silicone case fits really poorly, it is to big and when the hard case goes on over it it bunches up on the sides and the first time I took off the hard case to get at my battery the silicone case ripped at the top corner.
Total waste of money...I am on the hunt for a case once again and in the meantime praying to the phone gods that I don't drop my bionic!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Got my Seidio Surface case today. I can report that it does fit into the Car Dock, however, it doesn't allow it to seat well enough for the power connector to make contact, nor does it switch into Car Dock mode... Let the search continue for a good case that works well in the Car Dock. :(

clintro

Reaction score
Case mate barely there works with the car dock...... 100%

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

fixy2273

Reaction score
I have the Otterbox Commuter series, and I love it. It is high quality, looks good and doesn't interfere with any of the phone's functions. That said, no kickstand, no belt clip and it doesn't fit the extended battery. I personally, don't use belt clips anyway, since I've lost 2 phones that were clipped on a belt, so I wanted something that was durable, yet sleek enough to slip in my pocket. This case fits that qualification.

jhom

Reaction score
Case mate barely there works with the car dock...... 100%

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm curious, what kind of protection do you think you would get the Barely There case if you dropped the phone? I'm thinking of getting one for my Bionic.

springer01

Reaction score
Can anyone conform whether or not the Sedio Surface fits in car dock?
Thanks!!

vmspionage

Reaction score
FYI... just picked up the lapdock today... Incipio SILICRYLIC does not work with it. I did get a chance to try it in the HD dock and that works just fine (without the spacer installed)

vmspionage

Reaction score
If I had money like that I would buy the HD dock and swap the connectors with the lapdock... but I'll probably just cut up a spare case to see if it can be thinned out enough to work. It kinda sucks because this Incipio case isn't designed to be removed a whole lot... I can see the silicone part tearing after removing it a few times.

Reaction score
I asked in another thread but that thread died and my question along with it, I have searched and have not found my answer, so before I pull the trigger...

Does the Otterbox Commuter case fit in the desk dock and car dock?

*EDIT Another thing, It looks huge (yes Commuter the Defender looks enormous), is it really that big?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Conqs for the reply, nm my last question, if it doesn't fit the docks, it is a deal breaker.