Otterbox Defender case + Car Dock?

Jon K

Reaction score
I got an amazon gift card and so I've been meaning to pick up a case for my Droid X. I heard good things about the Otterbox products so I grabbed the Otterbox Defender case. Thing is pretty huge - thick, but protective so whatever.

Then it dawned on me - this won't fit in the car dock :(

Won't it? Or, will it? What am I missing? I really use the car dock a lot honestly. Did I buy a case that is just plain incompatible with the car dock or is there something I am missing?

Thanks guys

Jon

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I got an amazon gift card and so I've been meaning to pick up a case for my Droid X. I heard good things about the Otterbox products so I grabbed the Otterbox Defender case. Thing is pretty huge - thick, but protective so whatever.

Then it dawned on me - this won't fit in the car dock :(

Won't it? Or, will it? What am I missing? I really use the car dock a lot honestly. Did I buy a case that is just plain incompatible with the car dock or is there something I am missing?

Thanks guys

Jon
Nope,...I bought the thinnest rubber case I could find and even with the insert of the dock taken out, it still wouldnt seat correctly.

OP
J

Jon K

Reaction score
Darn, so I guess I am popping the case off if I need to go some place with the GPS setup. Thats unfortunate :(

Shawn2774

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Wish the case was compatible, but it is unfortunately too thick. It has saved my phone twice though with a few drops.

Technoman

Reaction score