Best Case?

Adrianne4

Reaction score
The Otterbox Defender case IS huge. It does not fit in any dock. I use a generic clamp type car mount which holds the phone on the dash just fine but does not, of course, support any dock software features. The belt clip doubles as a kickstand and I use that on the nightstand. The Otterbox case is not sleek or shiny or sexy. It's hefty protection against phone damage and I'm quite happy with the trade-off.

faganm24

Reaction score

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
I'm using the Smoke Grey Androidified Gel case found in the link below. I posted a couple of pictures on the product page. I love it so far, plus it has Andy on it! Doesn't add much bulk at all. It doesn't offer as much protection as Otter and Incipio, but I like just a little bit of protection.

Amazon.com: Smoke Grey - Cruzer Androidified High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case - For Motorola Droid Bionic XT875: Cell Phones & Accessories

Does it fit in the car dock?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

aramos87

Reaction score
Just ordered Incipio SILICRYLIC in white/black dancedroid

GetDynamicImage.aspx

Incipio Motorola DROID Bionic SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, Motorola DROID Bionic Hard Shell Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Soft Shell Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Protective Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Slim Case

I liked that case until I realized it covered the notification LED...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

zetachi

Reaction score
so has anyone found a decent case that will fit in the charging and car docks? Was just about to pull the trigger on the Seidio surface. Had it on my OG and loved it. But if it does not fit docks not much good having them.

Captmilk

Reaction score
I got this case and they claim it will fit in the dock (It is for the extended battery) I like the case, not much of a belt clip fan but it came with it and I get my corporate discount too so win win.
Set Your Location

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I got this case and they claim it will fit in the dock (It is for the extended battery) I like the case, not much of a belt clip fan but it came with it and I get my corporate discount too so win win.
Set Your Location

Just to clarify, the packaging I've seen claims that it works with the standard dock, but says nothing with regard to the vehicle dock. I returned mine because it wouldn't fit in the vehicle dock to my satisfaction.

kimberlywo

Reaction score
ok i am in love with the otterbox case..hubby got one for his phone. however i want one but i would like a pink, purple,red any color but black! i want a girly case... the phone is so big and masculine as it is. otterbox currently only makes it in black... any cases out there like the otterbox that has that screen thing? please let me know!
[email protected]

FZDolfan

Reaction score

I might give this one a try.

I currently have this one, which fits great and feels great, but the problem is that the phone then doesn't fit into my pouch/holster that I had for my Captivate (the Bionic DOES fit into it without the silicone cover).
I'm thinking it might fit the holster with the case-mate on it.
I would buy this one, but I fear that it is the EXACT same one I already have (like I said, the phone does fit without any cover on it).

I would get the Otterbox Defender, but I read too many reviews saying the phone falls out of the holster, and in my job I often bump the phone a bit and I'm afraid it will hit the release clip too easily. The pouch holster with the belt clip and reinforcing snap loop is exactly what I want.

Last edited:

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
I liked that case until I realized it covered the notification LED...

Oh man! That sucks! This thing looks awesome. I was just about to order it too. Dang!

sabitu

Reaction score
I have tried a bunch of cases and my favorite is the Otterbox Commuter. It provides nice protection, covers all of the ports, and it's not too bulky.

The other cases I have tried include the Incipio Silicrylic, Otterbox Defender, Seidio Surface, and Seidio Convert.

The Incipio is most similar to the Commuter but not as good quality. The corners of the silicone tear a little too easily.

The Otterbox Defender is nice but it's way too bulky for me.

The Seidio Surface case is the thinnest of all of these but it also provides the least amount of protection.

The Seidio Convert case is actually an addon to the Surface case that gives it much more protection similar to the Otterbox Defender. The nice thing about the Convert case is that you can easily remove the silicone skin and skeleton so all you are left with is the Surface case. Personally I like the Convert case better than the Otterbox Defender since you can remove the heavy duty protection. The Convert screen protector is actually applied to the Bionic screen unlike the Defender.

shawntew9935

Reaction score
Other nice thing about the convert is the holster is lockable, so if you have issues with the phone coming out of the holster, you can lock it and it won't go anywhere. Convert is my favorite case ever. Just got mine in today for bionic and it is sick, did not even consider the otterbox, cant get over having to cut the screen protector out to not use it.

zetachi

Reaction score
Other nice thing about the convert is the holster is lockable, so if you have issues with the phone coming out of the holster, you can lock it and it won't go anywhere. Convert is my favorite case ever. Just got mine in today for bionic and it is sick, did not even consider the otterbox, cant get over having to cut the screen protector out to not use it.

I'd jump on this one. Had the surface for my OG but they won't fit in the car/desk cradles :(

chris420o

Reaction score
dont get the surface guys...case sucks...very disappointed with seidio with this product....how do u make a case that when the phones laying flat it bounces like a seesaw and u cant use it? soo dumb why they didnt keep the curvature of the actual bionic n make the hump half way is beyond me

kinda like that cruiser...but looks to shiny for me and wish it was solid colored...id buy the red one