Battery ?!?!

Spydaz

Reaction score
If your down to 10-15% battery and you put it on charger and keep using the phone (especially on 4G) then the phone will not charge.

Turn the phone off completely and connect charger you will then see the moto dual core red boot up sign and then a picture of a battery with a % inside of it. Let the phone sit overnight like this and then see. If it does not charge at all then return device for new one.

Just as another poster said: Get rid of the live wallpapers as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Spydaz said:
If your down to 10-15% battery and you put it on charger and keep using the phone (especially on 4G) then the phone will not charge.

Turn the phone off completely and connect charger you will then see the moto dual core red boot up sign and then a picture of a battery with a % inside of it. Let the phone sit overnight like this and then see. If it does not charge at all then return device for new one.

Just as another poster said: Get rid of the live wallpapers as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lol, like I said, turn it off. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

clintro

Reaction score
The only other thing i would try is bump charging (I wouldn't do it all the time, but occasionally it shouldn't hurt), that is if you can get it to charge all the way up. I did that after day three and usually get between 13-14 hours on 4g heavy use and over 20 when on Wifi on the weekends.

If you can use Wifi, do it on this phone it is a huge battery saver.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/672997 I used the second method.

Last edited:

Parzec

Reaction score
Did a full charge last night with phone off....6 hours of medium use and at 70%. Still seems kind of high....what do you think?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Parzec

Reaction score
The only other thing i would try is bump charging (I wouldn't do it all the time, but occasionally it shouldn't hurt), that is if you can get it to charge all the way up. I did that after day three and usually get between 13-14 hours on 4g heavy use and over 20 when on Wifi on the weekends.

If you can use Wifi, do it on this phone it is a huge battery saver.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/672997 I used the second method.

Thanks for the tip....will try this tomo AM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Parzec

Reaction score
Down to 40% after 12 hours...light use since last post, just surfing and email. Should I be impressed with my battery?

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Parzec said:
Down to 40% after 12 hours...light use since last post, just surfing and email. Should I be impressed with my battery?

Are you using smart actions???

12 hours of use isn't bad at all.

Alot of people that say they are getting 48 hours of moderate usage... its not moderate usage. The screen shots I've seen posted of their moderate usage.... qualifies as not using their phone... to me any way.

So in closing... now that you know your phone will last all day. I'll leave you with this..... the battery in this phone prefers short charges throughout the day. It will increase your battery life.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Parzec

Reaction score
Thanks for the response....I've done a bit with smart actions, but my problem with location based profiles is that wifi had to be on all the time. Seems like a waste of battery to me. I wanted it to sense my location when at home and turn on wifi just here...but I don't like it sniffing for wifi all day long just for that one event. Too bad it is functionally limited in that respect, I actually could have seen it being kind of useful. So I have the simple smart actions set just for extended battery and sleep mode.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Parzec said:
Thanks for the response....I've done a bit with smart actions, but my problem with location based profiles is that wifi had to be on all the time. Seems like a waste of battery to me. I wanted it to sense my location when at home and turn on wifi just here...but I don't like it sniffing for wifi all day long just for that one event. Too bad it is functionally limited in that respect, I actually could have seen it being kind of useful. So I have the simple smart actions set just for extended battery and sleep mode.

That's all I use smart actions for, battery extender, charging reminder..just in case.
I turn my phone off to charge overnight whenever I can. So I don't use the sleep mode action. But I'm glad that its working for ya.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

RazrMaxxOwner

Reaction score
I'm on my 15th hour with light-moderate usage and I'm at 60%. Poor-middle 4G / 3G most of the time (more 4g than 3g), some period of 1x only (my friend lives in a dead zone for most phone signals, I'm the only one that gets bars and I usually have 4 3G bars but sometimes less there). Can't use my home Wifi as I seem to have some serious issues between this phone and my router...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 15th hour with light-moderate usage and I'm at 60%. Poor-middle 4G / 3G most of the time (more 4g than 3g), some period of 1x only (my friend lives in a dead zone for most phone signals, I'm the only one that gets bars and I usually have 4 3G bars but sometimes less there). Can't use my home Wifi as I seem to have some serious issues between this phone and my router...

Lets see. For my og I have 13 hrs heavy use so far no smart actions and full 4g.. 40%... it use to be better but 4g just hit here...I leave it on 4g...wifi when I get home from work...

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

Parzec

Reaction score
I misread earlier...now I am at 12 hours and 30%. 44% is the display so I just enabled all the screen saving features to see if that helps tomorrow. I also wasted 4% on wifi trying location based smart actions. I've probably been playing with my phone a lot today trying to study things which is why the display usage is so high. That is what is clearly eating up my battery.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Parzec said:
I misread earlier...now I am at 12 hours and 30%. 44% is the display so I just enabled all the screen saving features to see if that helps tomorrow. I also wasted 4% on wifi trying location based smart actions. I've probably been playing with my phone a lot today trying to study things which is why the display usage is so high. That is what is clearly eating up my battery.

Display is always the highest user of my battery. I usually set my screen to the darkest setting I can, and enable battery saver, the little check mark above brightness in screen settibgs

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Last edited:

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
Battery Life with Smart Actions

I have stopped using smart actions and my battery life has gotten better. When I use them it seems to kill my battery faster and that with just having settings for batter conservation. Anyone else noticing this?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
mrtoto54660 said:
I have stopped using smart actions and my battery life has gotten better. When I use them it seems to kill my battery faster and that with just having settings for batter conservation. Anyone else noticing this?

I did when i had smart actions set to kill data all together at screen time out. So every time I picked up my phone, it would have to require the network. It it was remedied by setting it to only kill sync. But I'm sure it varies from person to person.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!