Battery ?!?!

tkileh

Reaction score
From 100% full charge I got 7 hours of use on my Maxx. Wtf anyone else having battery issues ?

Maxxed Out!!!

Parzec

Reaction score
I've been unimpressed with my Droid maxx battery life after having owned the phone for about 10 days. Did all the battery conditioning suggestions and i'm now at 30% after just short of 6 hours on battery. Basic surfing, words with friends and a couple of you tube videos. Display set to auto diming, smart action battery saver on, auto kill task set in the preloaded task manager, strong 4g signal, etc and running nothing but stock Android. Very disappointing battery performance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Parzec

Reaction score
Just dropped to 20% while typing my post.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Gotta be a rogue app or something using a lot of CPU cycles. I'm still getting 30+ hours on my maxx, sometimes 48hrs. (to about 15-20% batt)

My typical use is several phone calls a day, gmail push, weather checks every 3 hours, a few dozen taxts, some web surfing, accessing medscape and skyscape seveal times a day and playing solitaire when I'm bored. For the most part, I keep wifi off and don't mess with 4g.

Started today out at 8am and listened to my music via motocast with my BT headphones while mowing my lawn for about 2 hours. Made seveal phone calls and texts today, played solitaire and updated 8 apps via 4g. Ita almost 12 hours later now and I just hit 70%.

Battery status shows Android OS using 21%, display 18%, media server 11%, pandora9%, phone idle and standby both at 8% , Klondike Solitaire at 5% com.motorola music and motocast are 4% and bluetooth is 2%. Looks like my battery graph is fairly linear.

Overall, I've been very happy with my battery life.

David

Spydaz

Reaction score
I have not put this phone down. Constantly surfing and texting and downloading apps etc. Phone calls you name it.

I'm getting about 15-17 hrs out of the thing. That's DAMN GOOD!! The galaxy nexus I had wouldn't even last 5-6 hours. Lol.

Biggest battery drain is motocast/zumocast from what I can see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Parzec

Reaction score
My display battery usage says 50% for 3 hours 21 minutes. Is this normal?

OP
tkileh

tkileh

Reaction score
Well I just ordered my replacement my battery won't charge past 10% for 4 hours on the charger :/

Maxxed Out!!!

OP
tkileh

tkileh

Reaction score
This Is a pic of my Max battery from 100% and charging for hours. Notice the red line. That's ho long its been on charger and nor charging.

Maxxed Out!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
tkileh said:
This Is a pic of my Max battery from 100% and charging for hours. Notice the red line. That's ho long its been on charger and nor charging.

Maxxed Out!!!

Turn it off and try it.

And are you using the charger that came with the phone???

Kill some apps. That ics live wall paper for one. Go into settings, applications, manage applications, running applications, and force stop some of your running apps.

Either of these should help you.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
tkileh said:
Done that. Didn't work.

Maxxed Out!!!

Odd. And you are using the supplied charger that came with the phone?? Guess your battery fried.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
tkileh

tkileh

Reaction score
Sure am :/ f it I got a replacement coming.

Maxxed Out!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
tkileh said:
Sure am :/ f it I got a replacement coming.

Maxxed Out!!!

That sucks.. sorry to hear that

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Parzec

Reaction score
I think I need to swap mine out too. The to of my screen gets really hot when using it for awhile. That is on battery, not on the charger. And charging takes forever. Appears I got a lemon.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Parzec said:
I think I need to swap mine out too. The to of my screen gets really hot when using it for awhile. That is on battery, not on the charger. And charging takes forever. Appears I got a lemon.

Charging takes a while on the maxx. It's a pretty big battery. And the screen does get warm. I have the app "phone overheat " installed just for this reason. But there are several app that monitor battery levels and temp. Just search the play market.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!