battery meter calibration FAIL!

djspy

Reaction score
This thing just won't die! 2 am, 4:45 min of screen on time, YouTube, Netflix, texting, calling, downloaded all my apps and music, email sync... still had 29% left. 4G on all day! So yeah I decided not to wait til it hit 10% if I wanted to get some sleep lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, if you want you can simply power off while it has 29% left, then power back on at a later time and continue the discharge process till you get to 10%. It's the same whether it's a one-shot discharge or discharged over more than one usage period.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No problem. What's most important is that you EVENTUALLY get to the 10% warning pop-up screen, which is proof that the discharged flag is set properly. Good luck! :biggrin:

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
On my old OG RAZR I would get the pop up at 5%. Does it mean that it wasn't calibrated right?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The OG Razr was running Gingerbread and there were two stages of low battery. The first was at 15%, the second was at 5%. The new ICS OS has changed the first warning to 10% (to extend the usage time), but I believe there's still a 5% warning as well.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
I was running ICS on it. A lot of the time I wouldn't get the 10% warning just the 5% one. I'm glad I moved up to the Maxx. Right now my OG RAZR would be at 20%. I'm at 71% on the Maxx.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I was running ICS on it. A lot of the time I wouldn't get the 10% warning just the 5% one. I'm glad I moved up to the Maxx. Right now my OG RAZR would be at 20%. I'm at 71% on the Maxx.

Yeah, that fat battery in the MAXX is pretty nice! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2