Battery Life and ROMs

Darkseider

Reaction score
After reading through the Extended Battery thread something caught my eye and made me wonder. For those that are running the stock battery what are you running and what is your battery life? Would like to compile a thread w/ info to see if there is ANY correlation to ROM, Kernel, OC (speeds and voltage) and task killers/process killers.

Examples:

Bugless Beast v.7, Adamz low voltage kernel, 800 Mhz, no process/task killers, 16 hours, moderate usage.

Stock 2.1, stock kernel and speed, ATK, 24 Hours. Light Usage

Now to try and establish a baseline for Light/Moderate/Heavy

Light: 1 hour music, video and/or web. 20 - 30 texts, 30 mins phone, 10 - 20 email messages. (+/- 10 minutes)

Moderate: 2 Hours music, video and/or web, 30 - 50 texts, 45 mins phone usage, 30-50 email messages, 30 minutes gaming. (+/- 10 minutes)

Heavy: 2.5+ Hours music, video and/or web, 50+ texts, 45+ minutes phone usage, 50+ email messages, 45+ minutes gaming

Now that the baselines have been established I would love to see folks post up some info. The reason simply due to all the discrepancies with reported use/battery life.

I'll Start.

Bugless Beast v.7, Adamz low voltage kernel, 800 Mhz, no process/task killers, 16 hours, moderate usage.

solorca

Reaction score
Bugless Beats v 0.9, ChevyNo1's low voltage kernal, 800mhz, no task killers, 16 hours, moderate use.

The big issue with mine is that I'm getting these stats with a 2600 extended battery. Something tells me that BB0.9 has something to do with it.

jimnutt

Reaction score
Using bugless 0.9 I get 15 or more hours with moderate usage. But for me that usage includes 3 or 4 hours of reading ebooks, so the display is on constantly during that time.