1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What's your battery life?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by EmmVeePee, Mar 30, 2010.

1. EmmVeePee

EmmVeePee New Member

Just curious what everyone is getting for battery life?

Batteryleft shows 45 hours, but I think its closer to 50. I've been doing a lot of customizing and my phones been getting more use than normal (recent re-calibration).

I hear people get 5-10 hours?

I use my phone moderately, I'd say. I also dropped my phone in water with the battery door off (long story, search my posts). Battery got wet (wet strip went pink). Still good though.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. jakenovak

jakenovak New Member

Getting lower by the day, that's for sure.
  3. Rollingbones

Rollingbones New Member

I hear of people getting up to 48+ hours with the Seidio 2600 extended battery. Me, I'm good for about 14-20 depending on how much I do with it. I got one of those 1600 Hong Kong specials on eBay for about $8. Got about 4-5 hours with it... what a deal!!! After I emailed the seller, he issued a refund...
  4. nikkix

nikkix New Member

10 about. HOW in the WORLD do you get that much? ive had this battery for maybe 1 and a half weeks and i follow the vwz instructions. pretty much ...i charge battery til full, and wait until its almost dead to charge it again (5 percent). never left it on the charger for for a whole day though. ive done everything i can think of to improve my battery life. ijust exchanged for a new one, cause it was getting 4 hours tops. i leave almost nothing with data running in the background, beautiful widgets, and maybe aim. its really frustrating to hear about people who get a day+. any tips or ideas what im doing wrong?
  5. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

R
    You are damaging your battery by depleting it to 5% before charging. While that was necessary to do with older type batteries, the battery the Droid uses will be damaged by constantly draining it before a charge. I suggest you buy a new battery (Amazon has them for $15) and charge it regularly. That should increase your battery life. You should also check if you download an app that is causing the drain.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I agree with most everything you said in your response but manufactures do say it's a good idea to deplete the battery occasionally, like 3 or 4 times in a year.

Droid shuts down at 5% no matter what.
  7. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

You only damage your battery if it's 100% completed, and yes the droid will shut itself down before it gets that far. Usually i try to take mine down to 20-30% before i recharge. I agree with hookbill though, they do advise you do that 3-4 times a year. They don't have a memory like the old ones do, but now they do have a virtual memory which still needs to be calibrated a couple times a year.
  8. nikkix

nikkix New Member

I'm pretty sure I'm not. I don't let the battery drain completely . If letting the battery get low is bad for it, wouldn't it say. I'm pretty sure there's no harm in in simply using the battery. You're suggesting there's a recommended level to charge your battery at? That doesn't make sense. In my opinion anyway lol. And as i said, i do charge it regularly. Thanks for the input though.
  9. nikkix

nikkix New Member

I have an alarm that goes off when the app estimates its at 5 percent. I know deep cycling is supposed to be good but im still a little weary. Three or four times a year probably wouldnt hurt though youre right
  10. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

I havent really kept track of it but I'm guessing I get around 10-15 hours. I'm on it constantly since I just got it like three weeks ago and I use it to listen to music while Im walking around campus.
  11. darklipslide

darklipslide New Member

On most days I get about 14-15 hours, and thats with some pretty solid use in the evenings
  12. SoDroid

SoDroid Member

I'm one of the 10 hour people. But I don't know how accurate that is. Due to my limited battery, I carry a charger almost everywhere if I plan to be out all day. I have one in my office, bedroom, kitchen, and car. Since I'm constantly charging, it never really dies.

Before I bought all those chargers, I was taking it off of the charger at 7AM and it would be dead by 7PM, so its probably about 12 hours with moderate use. I can kill it as fast 4 hours though. I play with it a lot :).
  13. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

average day to day usage 6am - 10/11/12 pm so 16-20 hours with 20% left when it goes on the charger

if I use gps for Maps or Navigation it drops A LOT maybe 8 -10 hours

-=Jason=-
  14. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/5388-care-droids-lithium-battery.html
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  15. rubberducky

rubberducky New Member

I must be doing something right because I can consistently get about 30 hours out of my Droid. I do pretty much everything except maps on a pretty regular basis. As I work at a VZ store I have customers playing with my phone all day so it's not like I just talk and text. I can charge it overnight, take it off the charger around 9 AM then not have to charge it til 9 PM the next night. It's pretty nice, much better than my Storm 2 which I use a whole lot less.
  16. mangmang

mangmang New Member

Hi would you mind sharing some of your settings because i just got the device and honestly i charge it at night and in the next day at 3 the battery is at 15%. I use Fring and the webbrowser here and there and google voice for texting. I ll be starting a new job this june and I wont have access to recharge the phone in the middle of the day so I ll appreciate any suggestions o rmaybe moving to nexus one or another android device that gives better battery usage.

Thank You
  17. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

Any tips to try to extend the battery life? I get less than 10 hours.
  18. sc4fpse

sc4fpse New Member

Battery Left says 12:34 (heh.). Not sure how accurate that is, though, since I rarely if ever let my Droid get down past 60%, so it probably isn't all that accurate. I'm fortunate enough to be able to plug my Droid in and charge it periodically throughout the day between classes.
  19. iPirate

iPirate New Member

I charge it each night and dont run until the battery dies.... I said <20 hours because my days last longer than 15 hours but I am around 40% by then and could probably go all night...
  20. rubberducky

rubberducky New Member

Honestly I don't do anything special, I have my brightness turned down all the way. Wifi off. I run my task killer after I do anything battery heavy... navigator, 3D games, etc. Besides that there's not a whole lot. Ill take notes on what I do the next couple days and see if I'm doing anything else.