What's your battery life?

mangmang

Reaction score
I must be doing something right because I can consistently get about 30 hours out of my Droid. I do pretty much everything except maps on a pretty regular basis. As I work at a VZ store I have customers playing with my phone all day so it's not like I just talk and text. I can charge it overnight, take it off the charger around 9 AM then not have to charge it til 9 PM the next night. It's pretty nice, much better than my Storm 2 which I use a whole lot less.

Hi would you mind sharing some of your settings because i just got the device and honestly i charge it at night and in the next day at 3 the battery is at 15%. I use Fring and the webbrowser here and there and google voice for texting. I ll be starting a new job this june and I wont have access to recharge the phone in the middle of the day so I ll appreciate any suggestions o rmaybe moving to nexus one or another android device that gives better battery usage.

Thank You

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Battery Left says 12:34 (heh.). Not sure how accurate that is, though, since I rarely if ever let my Droid get down past 60%, so it probably isn't all that accurate. I'm fortunate enough to be able to plug my Droid in and charge it periodically throughout the day between classes.

iPirate

Reaction score
I charge it each night and dont run until the battery dies.... I said <20 hours because my days last longer than 15 hours but I am around 40% by then and could probably go all night...

rubberducky

Reaction score
Honestly I don't do anything special, I have my brightness turned down all the way. Wifi off. I run my task killer after I do anything battery heavy... navigator, 3D games, etc. Besides that there's not a whole lot. Ill take notes on what I do the next couple days and see if I'm doing anything else.

bomber889

Reaction score
Honestly I don't do anything special, I have my brightness turned down all the way. Wifi off. I run my task killer after I do anything battery heavy... navigator, 3D games, etc. Besides that there's not a whole lot. Ill take notes on what I do the next couple days and see if I'm doing anything else.

Maybe I should try to turn my brightness all the way down, mine's on auto. But how do you see in the sun?

rubberducky

Reaction score

Maybe I should try to turn my brightness all the way down, mine's on auto. But how do you see in the sun?

I've never had a problem with it, then again in full disclosure I DO live in Wisconsin so the past few months haven't been full of sun for me. It's been getting nicer out so I'll go outside tomorrow and see how the quality varies from all the way down to the highest.

Benjamin

Reaction score
My phone is brand new and I'm getting significantly less than ten hours. Today I took it off the charger at 12:30pm and it was down to 15% by 6:30pm. I've got the brightness all the way down, GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth off, and it still draining super quickly.

If I could get 10 hours I'd be ecstatic...

rubberducky

Reaction score
My phone is brand new and I'm getting significantly less than ten hours. Today I took it off the charger at 12:30pm and it was down to 15% by 6:30pm. I've got the brightness all the way down, GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth off, and it still draining super quickly.

If I could get 10 hours I'd be ecstatic...

What apps are you running? Or are you downloading a bunch of apps? When I first got my phone I was constantly playing with it so I only got about 1 day of usage downloading/removing apps constantly and generally just playing with it for the first 3 days, but after that I can get almost a full 2.

bomber889

Reaction score

I've never had a problem with it, then again in full disclosure I DO live in Wisconsin so the past few months haven't been full of sun for me. It's been getting nicer out so I'll go outside tomorrow and see how the quality varies from all the way down to the highest.

Yeah, I live in so cal and when its sunny its almost impossible to see the screen at the lowest brightness.

fr4c

Reaction score
Easily 10~15+ hours for me, and thats with browsing, Pandora, GMail + 3 emails, calls, texts, and random GTalk.

My phone has been off the charger for about 12 hours now, with 30% left. Streaming music through the speaker until about 10% then charging this puppy up for tomorrow.

bomber889

Reaction score
Easily 10~15+ hours for me, and thats with browsing, Pandora, GMail + 3 emails, calls, texts, and random GTalk.

My phone has been off the charger for about 12 hours now, with 30% left. Streaming music through the speaker until about 10% then charging this puppy up for tomorrow.

Teach me how to do this.

ShowTime

Reaction score
R
10 about. HOW in the WORLD do you get that much? ive had this battery for maybe 1 and a half weeks and i follow the vwz instructions. pretty much ...i charge battery til full, and wait until its almost dead to charge it again (5 percent). never left it on the charger for for a whole day though. ive done everything i can think of to improve my battery life. ijust exchanged for a new one, cause it was getting 4 hours tops. i leave almost nothing with data running in the background, beautiful widgets, and maybe aim. its really frustrating to hear about people who get a day+. any tips or ideas what im doing wrong?

You are damaging your battery by depleting it to 5% before charging. While that was necessary to do with older type batteries, the battery the Droid uses will be damaged by constantly draining it before a charge. I suggest you buy a new battery (Amazon has them for $15) and charge it regularly. That should increase your battery life. You should also check if you download an app that is causing the drain.

This would be true if the phone actually allowed the battery to fully drain. It does not. When the phone says it's dead and turns off, the battery is not fully being depleted. It retains enough of a charge to prevent damage. I let/just happens that mine dies at least once every 2ish weeks I'd say. Had it over 3 months and still performing like a champ. Right now I'm at 15 hours since unplugged and at 70% (granted I didn't use it a ton today... about an hour+ of voice calls, 15min of browsing, 10-20min of maps, 20-30 texts sent, and about 15min of Pandora). Whenever it's feasible, I let my battery run down as low as I can before charging. I realize there's no need to condition/calibrate these batteries so to speak, but call me superstitious ;)