Battery life still bad on maxx

thrgk

Reaction score
OK so charged to 100% and 3 hr of screen about battery is still bad. Is it just ics? Gonna train my battery but that will give accurate not more life.
Check the pictures to see data
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually, you are sort of right... training the meter doesn't actually give you more battery life but it can make it seem like it does. That is because if the battery meter is off, it may be reporting that you have a 100% charge when you really only have a 70% charge and therefore your really only using 70% of your battery's actual tank. So, if your meter was off by that much and you are only able to get 20 hours on 70% battery then a true reading of 100% would probably give you an additional 10 hours or more.

I copied this from what I wrote on a previous thread... you probably have heard it already but here are some of the things that burn a lot of battery:
  • 4g, especially if you do not have a strong signal because it struggles to keep the signal or may have to keep searching for a signal. Same with wifi. If you are not where you can connect to wifi, it will keep searching and try to connect to a wifi signal. Turn off data and/or wifi when you are not using it.
  • Background data sync. Causes your phone to keep syncing at various times... who knows how often. Turn off background data sync and manually sync your data a few times a day. You can put a toggle widget on your homescreen to make this convenient.
  • Email that is set to collect your incoming mail automatically or frequently (every 15 minutes) will burn a lot of battery because your phone is constantly polling for mail. Set your email accounts to collect your mail every hour or less. You can even set your email to collect mail manually... where when you open that account, it collects your new mail then. These settings will depend on your needs.
  • And the infamous display. It uses most of your battery by design. Having it set at 100% will use tons. Set it at auto or even 30% and when you need it at 100% (outside) you can adjust it. Again, you can place a toggle switch on your homescreen to make this more convenient.
Hope this helps!

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Any steps to make email manual and doable back ground data? Can't find it, on gb not ics

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Also to train battery I downloaded battery calibration will charge to 100% and hit calibrate then run it dead and charge it full. But when the phone says 100% before I hit calibrate hoe do I know for sure its 100%

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ditch the "Battery Calibration" app. Do the "METER CALIBRATION" (Not Battery Calibration), the way the manufacturer intended.

Power the phone off.
Charge to 100% with the Stock Wall charger (which should also be done with ANY NEW PHONE BEFORE USING).
Power the phone on.
Use it till the phone says "Low Battery" and tells you to plug in.
Power the phone off.
Charge to 100% with the Stock Wall charger.

Continue as normal from here forward.
Repeat this process above once every 2 months or so.

Also NEVER...let me say that again, NEVER let the battery drain to 0%, or "run it dead" unless it's totally unavoidable because you are being followed by a known criminal and you need to call 911 to report it. But seriously, running your battery to "dead" does NOTHING GOOD, and can only do from Minor to MAJOR BAD! With a battery meter that is out of calibration, as many become during the upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS, or after repeated charge/discharge cycles that over time throw off the meter of an otherwise normal phone and perfectly fine battery, the phone won't know what the proper voltage levels are to accurately predict the low battery threshold and prevent deep-discharging the battery.

Discharging your battery to "dead" or 0% and allowing the phone to self-power-down both causes undue stress to the battery which WILL contribute to a shortening of the battery's usable lifespan, and you also run the risk of inadvertently deep-discharging the battery and throwing yourself into a bootlooping situation, or worse, White Light of Death, where the phone will not take a charge at all, even with the Stock charger.

I ask you simply, would you let your car run out of gas?? If not, then why do so with your phone (not to imply that the two have any similarity in technology or purpose, mind you)? The battery meter is meant to warn you in due time of impending doom (dead battery), so that you can take proper action to either power the phone down normally, or to find a power source and at least partially replenish the battery's charge levels.

Last edited:
OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
OK I'm at 20% now can I plug it in and charge to 100% or should I wait for like 10%?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Any steps to make email manual and doable back ground data? Can't find it, on gb not ics

This all depends on what app you use for your email. Most, while in your email, you can go to settings and there will be an option to tell is how often you want it to check for email. If you have it set to automatic, it will be constantly checking. I set it for manual (it will give me my email when I open the email app) or 4 hours or greater.

To disable background data, go into system settings then to Accounts & sync. It should list email addresses and any other programs that want to sync. Turn sync off. Get a toggle widget or use the power widget and use it to manually sync a few times a day or when you need to.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK I'm at 20% now can I plug it in and charge to 100% or should I wait for like 10%?

It doesn't matter what level you are at before the initial charge to 100%. All that matters is that you charge to 100% with power off. The level you reach AFTER the INITIAL charge to 100% MUST dip below the "Low Battery" target (on Gingerbread it's 15%, and on ICS it's 10%). The second charge to 100% should not take place until AFTER the dip below the "Low Battery" threshold.

Beckeramos

Reaction score
thrgk said:
OK so charged to 100% and 3 hr of screen about battery is still bad. Is it just ics? Gonna train my battery but that will give accurate not more life.
Check the pictures to see data
Honestly it's kind of funny reading this when you were the one laughing about my battery life yesterday and I got more than twice as much off my charge.

Anyway what ended up helping me was a clean install if the ics with the. 215 update. Followed by 2 fdr's, freshly installing all my apps, and the battery meter training that foxkat is king of.

Last edited:
OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
can i do a factory reset with eclipse rom and it will work ok? just reset to default eclipse? Also, what is the best rom for battery life?

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
I'm at 95% after 14mins of screen on 3g only screen 40%. This normal? I did charge to 100% with phone off. Will wait till its at 10% and fully charge again to train it

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving to the battery sub forum..

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
If battery isnt fixed after training should I rma? Is it hit or miss or? Want this fixed

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Verizon will send replacement idk what rma stands for but they can replace it. If you guys think the problem might be fixed?