How does this sound for a day in the life of a battery

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Getting close to the 14 day mark, did the battery gauge training (3 times) so today was my test with all the stuff turned off that was suggested.
So,
Turned on at 100% at 0900 hrs.
- Talked for about 32 minutes
- little video about 12 minutes
- web surfed a bit about 40 minutes
- couple texts
- couple emails
- took a picture
- paid a bill
- checked the weather couple of times

I'm at 60% at 8:00pm about 11 hours later. Going to make it through the day, probably be 40-50% by bedtime. Is that Good-Average-??

PLEASE, just looking for some truth about battery life. I know how people are about Gas mileage, How much $$ they make and Battery life.:)

Should mention, this is a Razr Maxx.

Last edited:

zencyl

Reaction score
I plug my phone in every night while im sleeping so that sounds like great battery usage to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yikes. Maybe that is the answer (I didn't want to hear) I guess a Maxx should be around 70-80% based on the usage I mentioned. I dunno. Frustrated.

ryanr509

Reaction score
How long has the screen been on during that time. Go to your battery stats and click on the display and it will show usage. On my regular RAZR from 100 down to 15% I usually get around 2.25-3 all on 3g. Around 3.75-4.25 hours on wifi depending on how I use the phone. also depends do u have GPS Bluetooth background data and auto sync on? What all is syncing and how often and what's display brightness set at?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sounds good to me. 11 hours / 40% = 27.5 hours to 0%. To me, that means if you doubled your usage of today, you'd get about 13.75 hours (and likely longer as downtime will extend the total considerably). Most people sleep 8 hours, and are awake 16, so it would last a full day in that example.

In my case, I am at 1 day, 10 hours, 33 minutes since charge to 100% (according to the Android battery stats), and right now it's showing 30% remaining, but I've used it almost none, 58 minutes voice calls, 3 hours 19 minutes display on. I've used it on WIFI to Tapatalk, and other than that, nothing.

I'll post Battery Monitor Widget and Android Battery Use screen prints later.

Update: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=210908
Longest battery duration so far...

Last edited: