Hey FoxKat ... a battery thread!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Having read a metric ton of your posts regarding batteries, charging, and the like, I am doing a test on my new Razr Maxx.

The phone is only a couple weeks old. Rooted and tethered less than an hour out of the box. After about a week, I used Matt's Utility to upgrade to ICS, and just yesterday I upgraded to the .214 Kernel leak that he put out. My battery life has been fantastic so far, and on your advice, I did the obligatory 100% - 15% battery drain and then powered off and charged it to full overnight.

I use a battery widget on my home screen called "Gauge Battery Widget" ... it looks like a fuel gauge. The app recently added (in beta) 1% increment changes, as opposed to the 10% increments that the phone shows on battery drain. It "seems" relatively accurate, because it will show from 99% down to about 92% before the phone shows 90%. Plus, I like the look of it LOL :biggrin:

I use SetCPU with profiles to conserve battery as well. I have the Maxx UNDER-clocked, it only uses max CPU if it's on charge. As the battery gets to different levels, it uses even less CPU, and when the screen is off (sleeping) it only uses 300 MHZ maximum.

I have begun the test by taking it off the charger at full, and for the first two hours it was off the charger I have not touched the phone or turned the screen on. It was damn difficult too LOL The phone still shows 100% after 2 hours, and the Gauge Battery Widget shows 98% ... now I will surf and make some phone calls and text messages and see how much it drops.

Gonna test this puppy out and see what kind of battery life it gets on a charge. Almost all of my research and studying has been YOUR posts ... I may also have questions along the way LOL :biggrin:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm getting 2-3 days on a charge out of my Maxx. I can't remember my old flip phone days but that is irrelevant anyway, as for my smartphone(s) this is a pleasure. It takes some getting used to however, my old pattern was use all day and charge all night. Now, it's use-use-use and figure out when to charge.:icon_eek:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving to the battery sub forum.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Was it my name or the word Battery in the thread title that you thought would draw me in??? Well, I'm not THAT easy...

Oh, wait...I am here. :blink:
Nevermind! :icon_ devil:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just did complete wipes of both of my maxx's... installed 64 gig SD cards. And of course I unselected backup and restore... I went clean. Let's see what happens

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Was it my name or the word Battery in the thread title that you thought would draw me in??? Well, I'm not THAT easy...

Oh, wait...I am here. :blink:
Nevermind! :icon_ devil:

I tried both ... and you went for it like a catfish to a doughball :biggrin:

I'm just giving you props ... it was YOUR battery posts that I stalked LOL :hail:

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine looks like that at 8 am. ;)

:hail: I am rarely up at 8 am, but I am just going to let it go and see how long it goes. I have used it heavily for 12 hours now, and it's still just at 60%. If I can get 24 hours out of it with everything I put my phone through, I'm a happy camper LOL

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I meant waking up at 6. That's what mine looks like at 8. Haha. Mine = D3 lol

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks to a 4 hour conversation with my now ex girlfriend my test kinda got screwed up ... but I got roughly 24 hours out of that charge cycle LOL :p