Battery life is terrible

evilredsmurf

Reaction score
Well this is a depressing thread. I was looking at switching to Verizon when my AT&T contract ends on the 15th, and I was looking forward to getting the D2G. I'd like to have the option of a touchscreen or a hardware keyboard (one that sounded pretty good in reviews I've read), but based on the horrible battery life reviews, I guess I need to get a different phone. I don't want to have to drag around a charger all day just to make sure my phone won't die. :(

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well this is a depressing thread. I was looking at switching to Verizon when my AT&T contract ends on the 15th, and I was looking forward to getting the D2G. I'd like to have the option of a touchscreen or a hardware keyboard (one that sounded pretty good in reviews I've read), but based on the horrible battery life reviews, I guess I need to get a different phone. I don't want to have to drag around a charger all day just to make sure my phone won't die. :(
Word of advice about internet discussions:

90% of the people who run into problems will feel the need to tell someone about them.

35% of the people who have no problems will feel the need to tell someone.

;)

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
Try resetting the Battery Data. If that hasn't been mentioned already. Also you could use an Overclock App if you are Rooted, and use ULV.

menoarenoniceguy

Reaction score
Word of advice about internet discussions:

90% of the people who run into problems will feel the need to tell someone about them.

35% of the people who have no problems will feel the need to tell someone.

;)

^^^this is truth! And that's coming from someone who had horrible battery life when I first got the D2G (and I *****ed about it in this exact thread) and am now happier than happy could be with it -- have no problem making it through the day with heavy use dancedroid

me4droid

Reaction score
I posted a similar message on droid 2, don't shoot me! :) Based on your use of the D2G would you get it or a D2 if you weren't a business user and only traveled overseas once or twice a year? I'm debating between the two since they both have BOGO this month. I'm really concerned about battery life, and don't know if the faster speed is worth the smaller battery life???

Any suggestions welcome!

shagoyjo

Reaction score
I just want to throw this out there, I experience TREMENDOUSLY better battery life when I'm on wifi and disable wifi sleep. 3g data usage on this phone just eats battery.

Santa

Reaction score
any one got response from VZ on battery issue?

As I see no one is getting the day through without recharging.. max 8 or 9 hrs... which is not good for both Motorola and VZ PR machine and they need to do something about it...
Other wise this phone is a kick in *ss for Apple. in all respects.. and has any one noticed the new adds from Apple about battery life any one guessing why?

leobg

Reaction score
Today I had mine off charger since 9am. Until 2pm it was down to 60%. Sync and everything active - I've been doing some browsing 30 min or so talking and 15-20 messages (sure enough I was checking this and that on the new phone (screen active for 1+ hour). Doesn't seem that bad, I would say compares to my Milestone. Note I am using the phone on a GSM/WCDMA network (not Verizon).
I had to transfer some files to the SD card so I had it hooked up (hence charging) to my laptop for some time. I am pretty sure it would have lasted just fine until 4pm (even 5pm) when I had to plug it in the car (as I am using Google maps to navigate around the traffic in Toronto). By the time I got home it was back at 80%.
I am planning on getting the extended battery (1800mAh or so) - which would provide steady 1 work day of moderate use with ease.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Agreed, task killers for android are the height of dumb.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I have removed my corp sync account and re-added it using improved email to see if maybe the sync issues and battery life had some correlation. I've been unplugged for about 6 hours now with normal amount of usage at work and my battery is now down to 60%. Might just be my situation but I thought I'd share it with the forum.

zero7404

Reaction score
i just got this phone ... at first i felt vanilla android is the best choice and it still is, but i don't want to load a different rom until the factory SBF has been unlocked.

i also kind of like the UI changes moto has made in terms of visuals. is there a thread or post that lists the apps that are pre-installed which are useless and consume power ? i've removed all the pre-installed widgets, however even with the BPX7 battery, i am surprised that the device really did not last more than 8 hrs with hardly any usage ... that is pathetic.

i have titanium backup, once i know for sure which apps i can go in and safely freeze, i'll do that and see what happens. i have setcpu set to 1GHz and 300 MHz, i'll try to step it down to 800 MHz and see if that helps

jkidd16

Reaction score
ughh really? Mine was at 70% after like 14 hours of very minimal use.

cbarlow

Reaction score
Mine has been terrible, too. Recharged twice today. Trying battery save mode.