Battery life doubled

kmo

Reaction score
I think it's great that all you guys are figuring out how to save battery life, always good to know what's eating your battery's life. Personally, I don't want to disable this setting as I use this phone's feature a lot. So I don't want to keep turning on/off this setting. I will just use my phone as efficiently as possible and when my battery runs out, oh well I'll put in my second battery or charge the phone. Batteries are there to be used up, I know I know we all want endless battery life but it's just not going to happen with phones like this that do a multitude of tasking...

92slammer

Reaction score
BTW my battery life is getting a whole lot better...ive got everything on...widgets updated once an hour, lots of texting, emailing, a few calls, some internet browsing.. ive got the 1750 extended battery and as of right now 13h 45 min since unplugged , 13:48 uptime, 2:20 awake time....battery is at 51%

NightAngel79

Reaction score
I think it's great that all you guys are figuring out how to save battery life, always good to know what's eating your battery's life. Personally, I don't want to disable this setting as I use this phone's feature a lot. So I don't want to keep turning on/off this setting. I will just use my phone as efficiently as possible and when my battery runs out, oh well I'll put in my second battery or charge the phone. Batteries are there to be used up, I know I know we all want endless battery life but it's just not going to happen with phones like this that do a multitude of tasking...
what exactly does the data always on setting do/control? if off what is disabled or doen't work?

Mattb

Reaction score
I just turned it off on mine and did some tests with my exchange account. Sent messaged both while the phone was sleeping and while it was awake. They all came through on the phone before they got to my computer. Thats all that I really care about, I'll leave it off for now.

Mattb

Reaction score
Its actually kind of strange, my phone is getting only some of the emails pushed when its sleeping. There are a few that get pushed instantly, then some of them dont come through until I wake it up. I may have to turn it back on...

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Is this any better than, say, running Juice Defender? J.D. w/ Ultimate Juice disables my 3G when my screen is turned off. When I turn it back on, it enables 3G again. It has multiple settings like turning it back on every 2 minutes and off for 15 if your phone is left for an extended period of time, to give the phone frequent, or infrequent breaks (you choose).

I just scrolled up and jntowers mentioned this above... but no one responded so I'll submit it anyway.

kmo

Reaction score
Is this any better than, say, running Juice Defender? J.D. w/ Ultimate Juice disables my 3G when my screen is turned off. When I turn it back on, it enables 3G again. It has multiple settings like turning it back on every 2 minutes and off for 15 if your phone is left for an extended period of time, to give the phone frequent, or infrequent breaks (you choose).

I just scrolled up and jntowers mentioned this above... but no one responded so I'll submit it anyway.
From what I understand Juicedefender isn't really 100% up and running on OS 2.1 update. I turned mine off and actually got better results. I will wait for the fix.

robwilson

Reaction score
Battery Life

My battery is last almost all day now with everything running. Maybe the phone just needs a couple of day of good charging. I still ordered the extended battery just incase.:)

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
My battery is last almost all day now with everything running. Maybe the phone just needs a couple of day of good charging. I still ordered the extended battery just incase.:)

yep... i got the ext battery on the way, but i dont think i need it..

just need to let the stock battery drain and fully charge like 4 times.. i have no battery issues..

i get 14+ hrs on my battery.. not sure what people are complaining about.. ;)

Reaction score
So I just changed that setting and I'm hoping that will.solve my battery problems I've been having. Also my battery is being eaten up by poor signal. My storm always had full bars in my town and my incredible never gets more than two at any given time. The battery usage said that 43% of my battery went to no signal.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just unchecked this setting on my Eris. I will report back to any noticeable downsides.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Ok I wanted to update and let you all know that this little trick indeed did work. After only 12 hours I can tell a huge difference. My only problem now is doing something about my battery being eaten up by lack of signal.