Battery life doubled

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I wanted to update and let you all know that this little trick indeed did work. After only 12 hours I can tell a huge difference. My only problem now is doing something about my battery being eaten up by lack of signal.

Move to an area with a better signal strength? :)

Reaction score
I live in an area with great service. I have filed a complaint with HTC and Verizon. They are currently looking into if it is the phone or the service. 47% of my battery today has gone to signal standby.... 8 hours off charger with 50% of bttry left. Incredible in the stores having the problem too. If your having this problem too make sure you let HTC know.

canadian63

Reaction score
OMG....Mufstic.....
I wouldn't have believed it if I didnt try it. My battery now lasts an entire day to where before I was having to charge it before 6 hours was up. Just by unchecking the data made a HUGE :icon_ banana: difference.

I love these forums, most of my issues so far have been resolved. Thanks bunches!

Woehoss

Reaction score
Why do they put "save money on data charges" when verizon requires an unlimited data plan? o_O is there something im missing?

Just a generic Android warning, not all carriers give you unlimited data with your smartphone. Don't worry about it, you're on Verizon you're unlimited ;)

Woehoss

Reaction score
I have a Network Extender at home, I have to or I have terrible battery life. When I have 2 days off in a row I can actually get through both of those days without needing to charge the phone. And I leave it on 24/7. I don't use it all the time though, mostly it sits on the table when I have a day off. I use it more at work than at home, and it'll last me all day at work.

I have background data turned on, and I'm syncing Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, and weather. I use Advanced Task Killer to keep running programs to a minimum. Seems to work for me.

reversetheriver

Reaction score
I've turned off GPS and wi-fi except for when i need it, and my battery life has drastically improved. I listened to music on my phone all day at work yesterday and then went for a 2 hour bike ride with google my tracks running and the music player going. Still plenty of battery left when i got home.

minger

Reaction score
Hm...I'm running BB .4 and I don't see this option. Any ideas?

crazyyankeefan

Reaction score
so i had my incredible idle for a full day, and the battery level didn't really drop (staying around 80%). i guess the screen probably consumes a lot of power. perhaps the best way to get better battery life is "not using the phone at all". wait...the incredible is supposed to be "a phone", which we're supposed to actually use on it quite often on daily basis!

J

Johnly

4-5 hours? That is lame...SD froyo is 2 days at least....if you have to charge your battery in the middle of the day, drop the lame ROM/Kernel...simple.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
4-5 hours? That is lame...SD froyo is 2 days at least....if you have to charge your battery in the middle of the day, drop the lame ROM/Kernel...simple.
with the rom/kernel or stock... still the same result... at work i can't get passed 6hours of use let alone a whole days worth... i know the reception isn't that great there but its just ridiculous that i can't get through a whole day (even if it was 10 hrs i'd be happy) without charging... not interested in the huge extended battery... would like to use my phone normally without having to compromise basically everything to get there.... if i wanted to just make calls and send texts i could've stayed with my motorola startac from like 1999

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
It works---but

I set my phone up like directed in first post and GREAT battery life but when I get into my car bluetooth dose not work unless I tell it. Anyone else found a glitch ?

gsf

Reaction score
Syncing should be set to auto at a time of your choice, (mine is after midnight). Syncing shouldn't use up battery life, if your phone is syncing you should see the Sync wheel in the status bar, if your seeing the syncing icon in the status bar a lot, then you should check your settings.

Set syncing to manual if you don't add stuff to your phone much, but you have to remember to Sync.

Switch your phone to WiFi whenever possible, at home/work or any hot spot when you know WiFi is available. Of course when you know WiFi is NOT available turn it off or it will use battery life searching for a connection.

barbee

Reaction score
20100725083754.jpg

20100725083736.jpg

This is with moderate usage. Wifi, sync, GPS, and "always on data" all on.
Google latitude, twitter, Facebook, weatherbug all updating at 15 mins. to 2 hours. i used tikl and talked for about an hour yesterday, also sent and received maybe 50 texts and another 10 emails
I think the problem is that the battery indicator turns yellow at 30%. Mine way yellow last night at 12:00am and right now it's 8:49am and it's still alive. Left the phone on all night with everything just the way i had it.
No task killer.