Interesting thread on battery life

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
From the Incredible forum:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-tech-issues/42342-battery-life-doubled.html

Note:

For those of you having to charge battery every 4-5 hours, I have the solution. I take no credit for this as I saw it on another forum. Go to settings>wireless&networks>mobile networks>Enable always-on data. Uncheck always on data. Your phone will still receive email,text,& phone calls as before as well as internet usage but your battery will last a lot longer.
Currently at 37% after 9 hours of use compared to being completely dead after 4 hours.

Further reading suggests that if you do a lot of Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter (I do NONE of that crap), then you might see a difference in not getting updates as timely.

Thought I share with my Eris brethren (ans sisthern).

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Found another problem: IM programs. They don't seem to work with that setting disabled.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update: IM programs do work, but you may get occasional disconnects. The program apparently thinks the connection was lost.

mcinvaille

Reaction score
I do not see the "Always on Data". M option says "Data Roaming" is this the same thing?

mcinvaille

Reaction score
Maybe, I diaabled that and could still receive e-mail and web surf...

Angry_snowman1

Reaction score
As i always said, turn off the mobile web when youre not using it and you will never have issues with battery life. If you are on the web all day then you need another solution as no phone can be that active all day without being plugged in.. With the web on for an hour a day I can get 24 hours with normal usage between texts and calls.. If you play with the phone all day get some spare batteries! lol!