1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery life doubled

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by muffstic, May 4, 2010.

1. muffstic

muffstic New Member

STOP USING YOUR PHONE SO MUCH!!!! J/K

For those of you having to charge battery every 4-5 hours, I have the solution. I take no credit for this as I saw it on another forum. Go to settings>wireless&networks>mobile networks>Enable always-on data. Uncheck always on data. Your phone will still receive email,text,& phone calls as before as well as internet usage but your battery will last a lot longer.
    Currently at 37% after 9 hours of use compared to being completely dead after 4 hours.
  2. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

interesting....... so this disables sync with gmail/google??
  3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

yea you don't get pushed emails and such though... which is a nice reason for using my smartphone...
  4. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

Can you still get emails every say hour?
  5. diggity

diggity New Member

No, it does not disable syncing with gmail. I changed this setting yesterday after reading about it on another website, and I am still getting Gmail as usual. I'm not really sure what this setting actually does. Un-checking it does seem to help with battery life though, from what I've seen so far.
  6. icculusX

Hmmm, anyone else want to discuss this? What 'bad' would it do then? I mean are you getting gmail and such right away or is the push delayed? Curious...
  7. diggity

diggity New Member

I'm curious about it too. It doesn't seem to affect anything when un-checked, from what I've noticed so far. I haven't noticed a delay with Gmail or anything else... yet.
  8. icculusX

I realized this is an "Incredible" thread (hate how I never see that man) and the Droid does not have this exact setting. Still curious tho.
  9. DroidxRage

DroidxRage New Member

My battery lasts the whole day, just checked and I do not have that setting checked, and its been that way for months now. After 3 hours and 46 minutes, playing about 20 minutes of music and some web surfing, still at 80% battery.

I still get all my GMail and Corporate Email pushed to my phone in realtime. When I'm at work, sometimes I get the email at my phone before the PC actually.

Hope that helps. :)
  10. diggity

diggity New Member

Maybe the Droid not having this setting explains a few things. So far today, I would say that the Incredible is performing (battery wise) about the same as what I experienced with the Droid. Before today, it would already be close to dead by now.

I dunno. We'll see how this goes over the next few days. Hopefully it will continue showing to be an improvement.
  11. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

interesting.. i thought this was for sync and gmail but its not.. good find.. i may experience with this if i get frustrated with battery usage.. i disabled it and it said some apps will not update.. im guessing its all the social crap, which i dont even use..
  12. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

It definitely saved battery for me but I wouldn't say doubled. It does make the battery much better when the phone is just on hold, though!
  13. templetonryecy

templetonryecy New Member

Yes I am definitely curious what this setting is actually doing! It warns you when you uncheck it...
  14. kxs783kms

kxs783kms New Member

Like mentioned above, I think this setting has to do with your social apps/weather widget. I don't think they will automatically update themselves. I'm guessing the only time they will update, is when you launch the program or manually sync it yourself. So if you're running the HTC weather widget, check and see if it's updating or not.
  15. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

But those things all have set intervals that they update that can be changed. Not sure why they would need an "always on" setting checked.
  16. muffstic

muffstic New Member

23 hours and I still have 7%. I think I got this from androidforums.com. There was a post that said something about needing this checked if you were in a Verizon dead zone but covered by Alltel?
  17. egobuster1

egobuster1 New Member

basically what it does is put your mobile network like 3g to sleep because thats what eats your battery and it will ether reconnect when you wake the phone and sync or it will turn on and check like every 15 mins and then turn back off
  18. QuietStorm007

QuietStorm007 New Member

I tried this .. standby battery life was MUCH better....however ... I sent some text messages, played with some apps, probably spent about 10min or so altogether doing all of that stuff and the battery life started dropping right away.

:(
  19. QuietStorm007

QuietStorm007 New Member

Just wanted to post a little update ....

Around 1130am I had 50% battery life. I'm not sure how much the WiFi drains your battery but I was like hmmm I'm not using WiFi at work so why do I need it on. I turned it off and I've been using my phone quite a bit since then and my battery is still at 50%

Worth a shot ?
  20. bcrigler

bcrigler New Member

weird... so it just turns 3g on sleep mode unless the phone is being used. genius should be a default setting.
Search tags for this page
battery extender for droid charge

battery extender for droid x

battery extender for droid x2
battery life extender droid x 2

droid charge battery extender

droidx battery extender