Battery dead? This is for all you naysayers...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Justin, don't feel as though you have failed. Any attention you drew to the subject is good and who knows what will come in the future. Perhaps there will be a thread and you'll have been the impetus for it.

Thanks for your support either way. ;)

I tried i at least voiced my opinion. :)

ixtlan

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't want to argue with the experts in this thread and I definitely respect their knowledge and expertise.

I just wanted to add some extra info:

I've heard of a method for calibrating the battery for android devices which apparently helps the os set the flags for battery levels more precisely.

This method (aka. 300%) recommends draining the battery to 0 then full charge to 100% repeated 3 times and after that the normal charging routine for li-on batteries can be used for extended period of time. However as mentioned in other posts here, the calibration method of your choice should be done on regular intervals of once in every 2-3 months.

© Sent from my Razr Maxx ® using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think the method (charging to 100% three times) is very effective because I believe it is more likely to ensure the process was completed properly. There is only one thing I would caution against and that is discharging the Razr's to 0%. The risk is that discharging to 0% will cause a deep discharge where the battery becomes too weak to take a charge. Only discharge a razr to the low battery warning (10%) to avoid permanently ruining the battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

ixtlan

Reaction score
I think the method (charging to 100% three times) is very effective because I believe it is more likely to ensure the process was completed properly. There is only one thing I would caution against and that is discharging the Razr's to 0%. The risk is that discharging to 0% will cause a deep discharge where the battery becomes too weak to take a charge. Only discharge a razr to the low battery warning (10%) to avoid permanently ruining the battery.

I agree!

© Sent from my Razr Maxx ® using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, the method of doing the 100% three times has worked well for me. I don't trust myself enough to know that I did it right the first two times so I do a third time for good measure. I think it is good practice, imho.