Backup Pro not working?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
So I had the OTA GB update and now it is causing all sorts of problems on my phone. I downloaded the Mybackup pro app to back up my data before I take my phone to VZW for a replacement. Well the app is giving me an error every time I go to backup... I will post the exact error after this post. PLEASE HELP! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
"Error: Error during Backup: unable to open database file"

It does not matter what I try to back up... I get this error every time.

FernBch

Reaction score
If you bought your apps from the market AND have a google account, you can restore everything from there. Also, what is on your sd card is safe unless you erase/format your card. That said.......
I don't know if the store will help you or not. Many people have taken the OTA and had no issues, but others have. I don't know if or when VZW is going to make a patch available for Gingerbread.
Your other option is to SBF back to Froyo. There is a bootable linux cd out that will do it for you. Search google for "linux boot cd sbf 2.3.340". That will restore your phone to what it was before you took the OTA. Read the instructions, it is very easy and installs nothing on your pc.
When you re-activate your phone and sign into your google account everything will restore in a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Ya I was hesitant to rely solely on my google account and hate having to set everything up again... I will look into the method you just posted. Thanks.

FernBch

Reaction score
BTW, try a factory reset before you do that, if you want. It will reset your phone and wipe all user data. If that doesn't fix it, SBF will. If you do choose to SBF, do a factory reset before you activate or you will have issues.

FernBch

Reaction score
Don't fear the SBF. It is an awesome tool that will fix pretty much everything software related except a damaged bootloader. And you can't change that because it's locked so you're safe there.

Reaction score
Easy SBF Instructions:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

To get to stock rooted GB, just don't install Liberty 0.x at the end. To get to stock rooted FroYo, DON'T skip activation, and don't do anything after you install and run Bootstrap.

I've gone through or watched someone else go through this process time and time again. SBF isn't dangerous unless your cat has a nasty habit of chewing through the cable you're using to SBF.

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
My main issue was trying to figure out why mybackup pro isn't working... anyone know why?

barski

Reaction score
uninstall and reinstall it. make sure you phone sees your micro sd card also.

if that doesn't fix it, go into your sd card and rename reware to reware2 or something, then uninstall and reinstall.

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I did that and no dice... and I don't fear the sbf lol I just hate setting stuff back up again... looks like im ganna sbf back and root... that way I don't need to deal with this crap any longer.