MyBackup Pro - how to restore?

Algae998

Reaction score
Alright, so I bit the bullet and factory reset my phone after it randomly went into a boot loop. A while ago I made an application backup using MyBackup Pro. It created a zip file on my SD card in the file hierarchy of H:\rerware\MyBackup\AllAppsBackups\backup.zip.
When I go into MyBackup Pro and hit restore>applications, I get the following error:
"Error: Could not get backup set."

I have also tried unzipping the backup zip file to AllAppsBackups folder, but I still get the error message.
Am I doing something wrong?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Is it the full version of mybackup pro?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
Yea it should be, its listed as MyBackup Pro in my app list and it made an app backup.

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
I just did a test backup, selected all apps and named the backup. I went to Manage Backup sets and View Data, selected SD card for both, I get the same error and "Backup set(s) was not found for this phone on the SD card". Am I missing something?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I just did a test backup, selected all apps and named the backup. I went to Manage Backup sets and View Data, selected SD card for both, I get the same error and "Backup set(s) was not found for this phone on the SD card". Am I missing something?

If you did not purchase the app you cannot use backups from other phones. Also make sure that you have the correct file location selected on the app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, but have you tried titanium backup pro? Imo, it's worth every penny and is the best app out there to back up, freeze etc...

Algae, check your pm box!

D2-CM7GB(9/19)

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
Looking back at my backup files, theyre all .apks. So it looks like the backup did indeed work, it just took all my apps and backed up the installers. I was thinking it would automatically install them through the restore..