Back to OG Droid

bernardino5

Reaction score
Busted out the OG Droid back to Moto anyone else went back to their old phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ionide

Reaction score
Because of the outage? Not going to bother because I don't feel like messing with having to get a new sim card.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Keeping mine for now. Wasn't impressed by the Thunderbolt. Waiting to see what the bionic brings.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Nope. My thunderbolt is coming in the mail tomorrow :D. I've had it with motorola phones. I've had so many problems with my OG and X its not even funny. Motoblur is crap too.MAYBE if moto unlocks their bootloaders ill think about it. Htc sense looks awesome right now. stock android seems too boring and plain for me. but thats just my opinion. Bring on the lightning :D

gatewayad

Reaction score
The only thing that I don't like about the Thunderbolt is no hdmi out. Other than that there is no comparison. I even like sense. Ha loving this phone

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to use my OG Droid 1 next to my HTC Thunderbolt for several weeks. Even Rooted with BB and overclocked with Chevy 1.25Ghz goodness, the Droid 1 doesn't come close to the stock HTC Thunderbolt. Now that I've rooted, you couldn't pay me to look back. I get superior reception, bigger screen, similar battery, 5x the speed, I don't have to uninstall apps to save space, and I'm loving the instant camera. 4g is .... sweet too (upload 10+ pictures in seconds instead of half an hour or waiting till I get home on WiFi).

Droid 1 was a nice phone. I'd have kept mine had the touchscreen not gone out. But the Thunderbolt is a better phone. Encrypted bootloaders, hostility towards rooters, and inability to install custom kernels lost Motorola a customer. Sure HTC may do it someday, but right now, I'm loving this phone.

cdipier2

Reaction score
I switched from my samsung fascinate back to my droid2. I missed my keyboard and I just like the overall layout of this phone much more

OP
bernardino5

bernardino5

Reaction score
Just 4 the time being love my TBolt :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

GimmeThemCheese

Reaction score
No way, I'm loving the huge screen and 32gigs of storage! This thing has officially replaced my ipod... 4g is pretty sweet too (when its on) ;-)

OP
bernardino5

bernardino5

Reaction score
Same here I only lasted 1 day with the D1 had to go back to the Bolt can't live without it :)

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

Tbolt4sure

Reaction score
No way, I'm loving the huge screen and 32gigs of storage! This thing has officially replaced my ipod... 4g is pretty sweet too (when its on) ;-)

Actually 40 GIGs haha I still have a computer in my house with windows 95 that has less HD space than my phone haha. I love 4G and the screen. I'm debating whether to root or not. How hard is it to unroot? and how hard is it to overclock or set it to use less battery after your rooted? I have root the OG Droid before.

GimmeThemCheese

Reaction score

Actually 40 GIGs haha I still have a computer in my house with windows 95 that has less HD space than my phone haha. I love 4G and the screen. I'm debating whether to root or not. How hard is it to unroot? and how hard is it to overclock or set it to use less battery after your rooted? I have root the OG Droid before.

Actually I couldn't tell you about rooting, I've always kept my phones stock. Not that I have anything against it, I just never felt the need to do it. I have heard that rooting does help with the battery life though, and there is no way I'm putting that beast of an extended battery on this phone, so I may consider rooting in the future lol. And yeah you're right, its 40 gigs, I forgot about the 8 gigs of internal memory!

Tbolt4sure

Reaction score
Well the root part isn't just to you anyone can answer. The memory part is

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
After just a day with my tb, I picked up my d1 running ss5.2 gingerbread and still couldn't imagine going back to it! And I flashed about every Rom and kernel available for the thing! My thunderbolt feels like a sequel to the d1 with the community behind it already!!!

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk