Poor 3G signal

mjforte

Reaction score
Does anyone else with a Thunderbolt in a non 4G area have low signal for 3G? With my OG Droid I had full bars pretty much everywhere but with the Thunderbolt I have 0-2 bars at best in the same places.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My D1 had pretty good reception, no matter where I was. My TB is definitely behind in that department. I'm still happy, though.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Not me. My 3g signal is as good or better than it was with my d1. Data speeds seem faster as well...

Sent from my ADR6400L

toadzilla

Reaction score
I was trying to update my roaming with *228 because of the difference in the signal strength. Then I found out about the issues with the sim card and how it automatically does this without having to dial it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I am curious whether these reports are all based on the bars icon or are you having trouble connecting or making calls? I've always read that comparing two phones' bars is not a reliable method. In other words, how they each set the bar icon doesn't really show that one is having reception problem. JW

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, my D1 always had more bars than my TB does, however I get much better speeds with 3G on the TB.

rg0019

Reaction score
I agree too about the 3g coverage with the TB. I have been comming to San Antonio for business the last month. I drive from San Antonio to Hondo, Tx. Its about a 40 minute drive west of SA.

With my D1, I would get 3g coverage all the way down I-90 while listening to Pandora or Slacker.

I drove in last night and I was getting 1x coverage and the music would go in and out. A couple of time, slacker would just quit because it was saying that it was not receiving a signal.

OP
M

mjforte

Reaction score
Yeah the weird thing is even with 1 bar I get decent data speeds on speedtest. But in cell standby in battery use it always says a time without signal at around 30%.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

skeptik

Reaction score
I think its a Verizon issue.. my D1 has been bouncing all over the place... well since the iphone launch. Grr...

Sent from mah Droid1 using this forum app thing thing...

electric6

Reaction score
guys I am having the same issue. At work everybody has verizon, but two have DX's, one has a droid 2, and the rest have feature phones. I cant put three of the said other big red phones next to mine, and they will reliably get 3-4 bars, while my thunderbolt struggles to hold onto one?? Anybody have a clue why this is? Its really shi**y considering I switched from att to get a better signal in the first place... :icon_evil:

mitchb2

Reaction score
It's garbage. We need to bombard vz with phone calls.
1x? Seriously?

electric6

Reaction score
It's garbage. We need to bombard vz with phone calls.
1x? Seriously?

hmmm yeah im wondering if its either the quality of the anntane(spelled wrong im sure) or if its a vzw issue, and just needs a software update to fix. I hope its just an update, because I thought HTC made good devices??