Back To Blackberry

mtavenger55

Reaction score
So today I decided to return the Pro & go back to a Blackberry. I got the Bold 9650. My reasons? I couldn't stand the fact that the battery life is crap, I didn't like the phone over heating, & my screen kept freezing even when I was in a full 3g coverage area. Example: when I would web browse I wouldn't be able to scroll up & down sometimes or do anything so I would have to take out the battery & restart the phone. Sometimes the phone would freeze on my home screens. So why did I go back to Blackberry? I loved my old Curve 8330 but I got it used so it wasn't perfect & it wasn't 3g. I gave the Pro a try because I wanted to give an Android phone a go but didn't want to give up that Blackberry feeling. I think the Pro is a good concept but it needs a lot of work. I think it was rushed to get done in time for the Holidays. So yeah I'm a Blackberry I just like those phones. I'm looking forward to the Playbook Tablet coming out soon. I will miss Angry Birds but I have it on my iTouch lol. I just didn't have the patience for the Pro. I was really close to getting the Droid 2 Global but I missed my Blackberry & wanted a newer one.

Reaction score
Why didn't you try getting a replacement phone? These are not common problems, so I am sure that getting a replacement unit would have fixed some, if not all, of your issues.

Anyways, I don't really blame you. I currently have the Droid X and I am finding that I can't live without a physical keyboard. However, at the same time, I can't stand slide out keyboards and the hassle of having to slide out the keyboard every time you need to type. So I bought the Droid Pro. It should be here tomorrow. I will try it out for a few days and if I don't like I will basically have two choices: stomach virtual keyboards or go to Blackberry and get the 9650.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, as far as having to pull the battery you should have been right at home with a Blackberry with that. I had to pull the battery daily so I had app memory on my Blackberry Storm. Of course I had an app to do it but certainly one shouldn't have to pull a battery daily.

I'm not seeing a lot of complaints from other people with the Pro about overheating and battery pulls so I suspect you probably had either an antivirus or task killer installed in there. If not, then maybe you just got a bad phone. It does happen.

Good luck with your new Blackberry Bold. That I will admit seems to be a more solid Blackberry. Horrible at web browsing but at least it's a better offering then most of what RIM offers.

scubieman

Reaction score
I went from a blackberry 9630 (tour) to droid x. At first droid x made me upset cause of some of the features I missed. But overall after customizing and getting to know my phone and different apps. I could not love it more.

OP
M

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I was thinking of replacing it but I don't want to need to use the touch screen for everything like moving from screen to screen or selecting apps. I checked out a few web sites that I visit regularly & I think they are fine even though I can only view it in Mobile form. I do miss having an Adobe Flash player but I'm hoping since the Blackberry Playbook Tablet will have one that it will be available on the phones soon. So far I'm pleased with it after just a few hours & it's very easy to use with experience from the Curve I used before I got the Pro. I've come to the conclusion that I do not want a touch screen at all when it comes to phones. I want to make sure when I push something it actually happens. Touch screens are nice just not my thing & another reason why I no longer wanted the Pro.

scubieman

Reaction score
I was thinking of replacing it but I don't want to need to use the touch screen for everything like moving from screen to screen or selecting apps. I checked out a few web sites that I visit regularly & I think they are fine even though I can only view it in Mobile form. I do miss having an Adobe Flash player but I'm hoping since the Blackberry Playbook Tablet will have one that it will be available on the phones soon. So far I'm pleased with it after just a few hours & it's very easy to use with experience from the Curve I used before I got the Pro. I've come to the conclusion that I do not want a touch screen at all when it comes to phones. I want to make sure when I push something it actually happens. Touch screens are nice just not my thing & another reason why I no longer wanted the Pro.

Well I will at least give you credit for trying dancedroid

rosem

Reaction score
totally agree

i've only had my pro for a few days but i really miss the bberry. the android keyboard is awful. and the email is way too slow. the battery life is crap and it overheats. really not ready for prime time. i wish i hadn't gotten it.

rosem

Reaction score
what did you do?

I went from a blackberry 9630 (tour) to droid x. At first droid x made me upset cause of some of the features I missed. But overall after customizing and getting to know my phone and different apps. I could not love it more.

i have the Pro and i'm really unhappy. is there any way to get the email to work better? it's so slow. and the battery life is crappy and it overheats. i want to know when i have mail. i want to be able to get it quickly and reply quickly.

scubieman

Reaction score
i've only had my pro for a few days but i really miss the bberry. the android keyboard is awful. and the email is way too slow. the battery life is crap and it overheats. really not ready for prime time. i wish i hadn't gotten it.

Sorry to hear that. I do believe blackberry batteries lasted longer for me but that was becuase I never did anything on it. It sounds like the pro is not as good as it sounds. After some customizing you can get your battery to last longer. My droid x gmail is quick. The hotmail is junk and don't use. The over heating for me is if I use real intense apps but usually not and if I do it's charging anyways.

flash24

Reaction score
I was close to going back to my BB but after almost two weeks with Pro, I am totally digging it. With the battery, there are so many things you can do to improve it, the default settings sucks so I recommend messing around with it.

I suggest giving this device another try and you will not regret it.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Enjoy your Blackberry loOooser, have fun with the touch screen oh wait it doesn't have one

LOL JK.

Yeah I agree with the battery on the BB.. its crazy, I'd go at least three days before deciding to charge her back up.

You should have at least exchanged it for another one, maybe you just had a defective phone. well whatever you do good luck.

scubieman

Reaction score
Enjoy your Blackberry loOooser, have fun with the touch screen oh wait it doesn't have one

LOL JK.

Yeah I agree with the battery on the BB.. its crazy, I'd go at least three days before deciding to charge her back up.

You should have at least exchanged it for another one, maybe you just had a defective phone. well whatever you do good luck.

For me the ONLY reason my BB battery last longer was becuase I had no good apps on it for one. and it didn't have as many functions as my droid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just converted a long time BB fan to the Pro. he's been nothing but satisfied.

I was, and still am impressed with its performance.

*DroidForums app DOES*

medwa

Reaction score
I owned one bb and I will never go back. It was the worst cell Phone I've ever used. The few decent apps that were available ran too slow to enjoy, battery pulls were an everyday occurance, and the browser was absolutely terrible.

Once I got used to the touchscreen keyboard, its really not a big issue for me anymore at all.

Posted from my Droid Incredible