Any Blackberry users switch to the Droid Pro?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just wondering, people with mail issues. Are you forwarding your email to Gmail? If not, go on line (use a computer) and visit your gmail page. Set up is easy, just click the settings and go to the second tab.

wildcat89

Reaction score
Buying the extended battery is totally worth it.

When I bought my Droid Pro from Verizon, I asked for an extended battery and the sales associate told me there was no extended battery option for the Droid Pro -- which made sense to me because the battery is inside the phone case. Do you know where one can buy an extended battery for the Droid Pro?

ohio4hmom

Reaction score
I have been a die hard BB user. In December I got a Droid Pro and kept it for almost 2 weeks but callers were telling me the sound was awful on their end so I returned it. My old 8330 is starting to die so I've decided to try one more time and just ordered the Pro again tonight.

I wanted the Pro because of the qwerty keyboard similar to the BB. I do not like the slide out keyboards of the Global 2 and the phone seems twice as heavy as the pro as well.

I did purchase a car charger for days when the battery was running out quickly as I have multiple emails for work and personal use on it and will again.

MissJ420

Reaction score
I had the BB Tour (loved it, just wanted to use my upgrade and get something newer), just purchased the Droid X, but am returning it as I don't like it at all. i thought i could handle the touch screen but it's horrible. I spend more time fixing misspelled words and takes forever to type a message so i can type it correctly. It's driving me insane. I like the rest of the set up though, so I am considering the Droid Pro because of the keyboard (and a couple smaller issues). Couple of questions:

1. does anyone know if the droid pro and droid x the same as far as setup? Do they have the same amount of pages to use (3 windows on each side of the home window for widgets or whatever you'd like)
2. Is there any difference in apps that are available? Does the Droid Pro have the same number apps available to it as the Droid X?
3. Has anyone who has the Droid Pro, been able to sync Facebook to their phone calendar? I have been unable to get it so the Droid X automatically puts my face book friend's birthdays on my phone calendar. My BB did it automatically. It's a little feature I would hope the Droid Pro would do automatically.
4. Is there an LED notification light on the Droid Pro? That is another feature that I am in love with (thanks to the BB Tour). And if it does have the LED, can you manipulate the colors or decide which notifications get an LED light? (For example, I like my phone to blink for texts, missed calls, but I don't want it to blink for Facebook notifications or emails).

Any information is GREATLY appreciated as I am returning the Droid X this weekend and need to decide what I'm going to do next. Thanks!

bjwheeler

Reaction score
Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Yes

2. Yes [Edit--Further clarification: The apps are the same for the Pro as the X.]

3. No

4. Yes, there is a blinking LED, but it's much smaller and less noticeable than the LED on a BB. You can manipulate the color for some apps (e-mail, FB), but you can't change the color for all notifications.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

bjwheeler

Reaction score
Buying the extended battery is totally worth it.

When I bought my Droid Pro from Verizon, I asked for an extended battery and the sales associate told me there was no extended battery option for the Droid Pro -- which made sense to me because the battery is inside the phone case. Do you know where one can buy an extended battery for the Droid Pro?

I bought mine from the Verizon website. They ship a new phone backing with the extended battery because it's thicker than the standard battery.

MissJ420

Reaction score

1. Yes

2. Yes [Edit--Further clarification: The apps are the same for the Pro as the X.]

3. No

4. Yes, there is a blinking LED, but it's much smaller and less noticeable than the LED on a BB. You can manipulate the color for some apps (e-mail, FB), but you can't change the color for all notifications.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the information. I guess I should have waited to use my upgrade as it seems that some new Droids are coming out in the near future (although how much is speculation and what actually comes out, I have no idea). Although by the sounds of it, nothing much is coming out with a keyboard. So i guess for me it doesn't matter.

yukmizzee

Reaction score

1. Yes

3. No

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the information. I guess I should have waited to use my upgrade as it seems that some new Droids are coming out in the near future (although how much is speculation and what actually comes out, I have no idea). Although by the sounds of it, nothing much is coming out with a keyboard. So i guess for me it doesn't matter.

Verizons site is pretty informative. I'd look at the models and just compare and contrast. If you have the X, why dont you turn on auto-correct? To fix your mis-spelled words... :icon_eek:

bjwheeler

Reaction score
I came to the Pro from an 8100 Pearl for two years and a 9700 Bold for some overlapping time. I love BlackBerry phones. They're amazing. So switching will take some time to adjust, but the Pro is worth it. It's a really cool, powerful phone.

MissJ420

Reaction score
Verizons site is pretty informative. I'd look at the models and just compare and contrast. If you have the X, why dont you turn on auto-correct? To fix your mis-spelled words... :icon_eek:

Auto-Correct is turned on. but the phone can't always get what I'm typing. Thumbs are too big to type with apparently. However, that's how I've always texted. I'm not sitting there pointing my index finger at every letter. That will get old real quick.. not to mention.. it's slower.

yukmizzee

Reaction score

Auto-Correct is turned on. but the phone can't always get what I'm typing. Thumbs are too big to type with apparently. However, that's how I've always texted. I'm not sitting there pointing my index finger at every letter. That will get old real quick.. not to mention.. it's slower.

You should head over to the X forum.... Lots of advice and info in there... If you root it, flash liberty and use the gingerbread keyboard its very nice and has a number of options to it.:)

Ranman448

Reaction score
Switched from BB Tour in November to Droid Pro.

Like it, but miss my blackberry.

Hate the extra bloatware and fact u have to root to get rid of.

Will definatly keep an eye on RIM and new phones.

May go back when it is time for a new phone.

DroidToro

Reaction score
Switched from BB Tour in November to Droid Pro.

Like it, but miss my blackberry.

There's no doubt that there are some things BB simply does better than anyone out there. If those are the features you use and care about most then you certainly would not have the same enthusiasm as others who post here.

I recently had a friend ask if he should be considering a move to Android. He said he was ONLY interested in Email and calendaring. Games, media, browsing, social and other apps, and app cost, ran a very distant second. He also needed great battery life. I advised him to stick with BB but to be careful of the model he selects. They have their own clunkers, like the Storm. The Torch has also gotten mixed reviews.

cpc28655

Reaction score
I know I'm reviving an old topic, but I was talking to a Verizon rep a few days about about this very thing. I asked him how many Blackberry customers he had that switched. He said a few, but that he had several customers that were die-hard palm treo fans that have switched. I guess that is not too surprising, especially considering that the palm treo is getting old in the world smartphones.

I did have a palm treo pro when I left alltel, it was a pretty decent phone.

Last edited: