Switching from Droid X to Droid Pro

TySimm

Reaction score
Hey I am a college student and have been using my X since last August. One problem I have always had with it is that it was too big. Now, with the chance to upgrade I am deciding to go with the Pro because it is smaller and has a physical keyboard (I tried it out at store and liked the feel). I just want to know, am I making a mistake by switching?
-Thanks

bjwheeler

Reaction score
I have a Pro and my friend has an X. I prefer my phone. It has all the functionality of th X, but it also has the keyboard. I think the Pro has a faster CPU too, so the graphics are a little smoother.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

heyyclifford

Reaction score
I have a Pro and my friend has an X. I prefer my phone. It has all the functionality of th X, but it also has the keyboard. I think the Pro has a faster CPU too, so the graphics are a little smoother.

yeah i noticed that with the pro vs the x. the pro runs much more smoother. And ur def right about the keyboard. Its worth it.

I vote get the pro. U wont regret it

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
T

TySimm

Reaction score
Thank you both, this makes me feel better about my decision.

Reaction score
Nobody will know if you're making a mistake or not, since it all comes down to preference. What works for you may not work for somebody else, and vice versa.

That being said, I absolutely love the Pro, and in my OPINION, I think it's an awesome business device, and would probably suit a college student quite well.

heyyclifford

Reaction score
I must admit the only flaw this phone really has is its battery life. But i compared the battery life to a blackberry curve. Which is an unfair match considering the curve last days on one charge. But other then that the funtionality and versatality of this pro is simply amazing. Specially if you live in a rich 3g networked area.

Sent from my DROID PRO

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
Hey I am a college student and have been using my X since last August. One problem I have always had with it is that it was too big. Now, with the chance to upgrade I am deciding to go with the Pro because it is smaller and has a physical keyboard (I tried it out at store and liked the feel). I just want to know, am I making a mistake by switching?
-Thanks

EXACTLY! Plus, you get all sorts of keys you can map shortcuts to! That alone may be one of my favorite features. I recommend grabbing an extended battery if you don't feel your battery life is up to par. There are plenty of tips around the forums about increasing how long the Pro can last in a day.

Not to say that the X is a bad phone. My mother uses one because she can't see my small screen. Me, I've decided never to buy a phone that doesn't have a physical QWERTY keyboard ever again.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I had the X for several months, and while I really like the screen size, I'm glad I made the switch to the Pro. The physical keyboard makes all the difference in the world to me. I thought I'd have a tough time switching to a smaller screen, but I never even really noticed it. The keyboard on the X takes up so much of the screen anyway. And with the latest update for the Pro, it's running much smoother and the battery life is greatly improved. I haven't regretted making the switch for a second.

bjwheeler

Reaction score
-Thanks

EXACTLY! Plus, you get all sorts of keys you can map shortcuts to! That alone may be one of my favorite features. I recommend grabbing an extended battery if you don't feel your battery life is up to par.

I agree. I bought the extended battery for the Pro and I recommend it.

bjwheeler

Reaction score
Pro just got update to Android, so even if the Pro is in line to one day get GB, it won't likely happen soon.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
-Thanks

EXACTLY! Plus, you get all sorts of keys you can map shortcuts to! That alone may be one of my favorite features.

Do you have one touch keyboard shortcuts or are you referring to pressing search + key to activate shortcuts?