Should I get a Droid Pro?

Kers7289

Reaction score
I'm a college business student and currently have an at&t feature phone, and am in the process of switching to Verizon. I've never had a smartphone before and while browsing the phone selection the Droid Pro instantly caught my eye. I like the vertical keyboard (I'm big and clumsy so I hate virtual keyboards). I've been researching Droids for the past few days and still like the Pro best, yes even better than the thunderbolt. However, I've heard the Pro has some software issues from the local Verizon retailer, but couldn't find anything substantial online. Is the Droid Pro worth the investment? Any thoughts woudl be great thanks!

tt07

Reaction score
Well of course everyone here in the Pro forum will tell you yes. I would say yes since I own one and haven't had any problems at all. The main issues are things with Corporate Exchange and battery life. Get the extended battery and the phone will easily last a day or more. The best thing you can do is try out the phone for the 14 days and return it if you dislike it. I've had a lot of phones from WinMo to BB to Android to BB and back to Android and this is one of my favorites.

OP
K

Kers7289

Reaction score
I figured this would be the best place to learn about the Pro, since everyone on this forum has one. I'm glad you haven't had many problems with it, I love the design, and the thunderbolt really just isn't for me. Thanks a lot for the reply, I really think this is the phone I'm going to get.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Go for it. It does have it's little annoyances, but they don't seem to bother most users and the 4-5 people I know with the device love it. As do I.....

ultrastigi

Reaction score
My girlfriend has it because she doesn't like virtual keyboards. Her main complaint is the battery life. Like the other guy said get the extended battery and you should be good. I don't like however because I have a Droid x and that screen is too small. I got spoiled hahaha. The pro is a good choice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tennvol

Reaction score
Get it and test drive it. If you don't like it then just take it back before the trial period is up

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

heyyclifford

Reaction score
Just wait for the blackberry bold 9800 touch to come out. Blackberrys are the greatest business phones. Ull need a battery that actuallly stays alive. Droids suck when it comes to batteries. Theres no use in owning a phone that you have to charge 3 times a day

Sent from my DROID PRO

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Just wait for the blackberry bold 9800 touch to come out. Blackberrys are the greatest business phones. Ull need a battery that actuallly stays alive. Droids suck when it comes to batteries. Theres no use in owning a phone that you have to charge 3 times a day

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP is a business student, not using the phone for business I'm assuming. I think the Droid Pro would be a great choice. Get the extended battery and you're all set.

jhumbo

Reaction score
I agree that the Droid Pro is not the ideal "business" phone for business users who have to deal with corporate Exchange or RIM servers. However, I don't think will affect the OP. I personally love my Droid Pro and do not mind the couple of hoops I had to jump through to connect to my company's Exchange server. This phone rocks.

I personally have not had any big software issues. The only issue I can think of is the double letters at the beginning of typing. A little bit of a nuisance, but I have heard all Droids have this bug.

The other comment I have is regarding battery. The original battery could not get me through a full day of use. This was unacceptable to me. I bought the extended battery (from the Motorola website) and have been very please. No issues any more.

heyyclifford

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong the pro is awesome in many ways. I too love my pro. :)

im curious for the new update.

Does the extra 400 extra mah really make a big difference on the extended battery? Ive been very skeptical bout paying 50 dollars for that battery. If i was gonna pay for an extended battery i wqs think bout that 3400mah battery that mugen power made. But i really need to make a choice soon for me to fully enjoy this droid pro

Sent from my DROID PRO

tt07

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong the pro is awesome in many ways. I too love my pro. :)

im curious for the new update.

Does the extra 400 extra mah really make a big difference on the extended battery? Ive been very skeptical bout paying 50 dollars for that battery. If i was gonna pay for an extended battery i wqs think bout that 3400mah battery that mugen power made. But i really need to make a choice soon for me to fully enjoy this droid pro

Sent from my DROID PRO

I got the motorola extended battery since it's pretty much the same size as stock(no noticeable bulge). The battery lasts alll day easily for me and I usually use my phone heavily throughout the day. That mugen 3400 will add a huge bulk to the phone and would last along time. You could just buy the motorola extended battery and use the stock battery for backup with an external charger for it.

brocbsdroid

Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with my Droidpro. Would do it over. I don't have an extended battery. I recharge once a day, maybe twice, either when I'm in car or at desk. Battery life of my BB was better, but DP operating system has suited me better so far. Understand upgraded os just came out. Let's see how that goes.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
I'm a business college student myself. My first smart phone was an Iphone but since I couldn't stand the virtual keyboard, I switched to Verizon Droid. Then I really didn't like that keyboard and played with a BB Tour and loved it so I switch and loved it. But I missed the android os so much, that I literally watched everyday hoping that they will release something like the Droid pro. And I saw the preview of it from CES and I again watched everyday for the release. I got it the third day it was released just to see what people were saying about it. Everybody said it was good so I went out and bought it no contract and I have loved it ever since.

Although my one complaint is the battery life so I bought an extra battery with a external charger and now I switch between them everyday. All good.

So yes, its awesome! Get it!

Godric

Reaction score
Id recommend a Droid X or 2, but it all comes down to preference. Id rather have screen than physical keyboard, but otheres will beg to differ.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

heyyclifford

Reaction score
Whats a good external battery charger do u recommend?

Sent from my DROID PRO