Anyone switch from a Droid X?

Reaction score
I just ordered a Droid Pro on eBay. I will luckily still have my Droid X in my possession so I will be able to compare and contrast both devices and sell whichever one I like the least.

I was wondering if anyone switched from a Droid X. If so, how are you liking the switch? What do you miss most? Do you regret it?

perfect storm

Reaction score
I just recently switched from the Droid X.

While I loved the Droid X's display and picture/video capabilities, it was just a tad on the large side. It just never felt comfortable for me. I had the original Droid and it was a good size.

When i saw the Pro, I switched bc of the keyboard. The display difference (resolution) is only noticable when you compare the two phones side by side. Stand alone, I dont mind the Pro's resolution at all.

One thing that has been concerning, is the difference in battery life. Whereas my Droid could go easily 2 days without a charge, my Pro drains out of battery before the end of the day is over. Something to really look into.

mspm47

Reaction score
I keep hearing about battery issues with the Pro.
I have already posted the problems with my Pro (mainly battery)

jhalsey205

Reaction score
I moved from the Droid X (and the original Droid before that) and have no regrets. I loved the screen size and general performance of the X, but really need a hard keyboard.

I love the Pro's candy bar form factor; keyboard is great; screen size not an issue.

Battery life can be dramatically improved by a number of well documented ways: extended battery; changing phone radio from global to cdma; uninstalling some of the junk ware, etc.

google123

Reaction score
I have a couple of friends with Xs and I just don't see how that phone could comfortable to use. Its too big. Almost tablet like but then again no quite. Also another friend just got a Droid 2 and that thing is so fracking slow. Its lag city. She is still using Motor Blur on it and has a ****load of widgets on every screen so I'm sure that's part of the problem. LOL

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

EuroDriver

Reaction score
I have been using the DX for a few months, and although at first it felt rather awkward in my hands, it now seems perfect (granted, I have fairly large hands). just purchased a Droid Pro to use for international travel. I have only been using it for a few days, but it's really hard to adjust to the much smaller screen size. One of the attractions of the Pro for me was the physical keyboard, which at first I hated because it's so compact, but I think I'm getting used to it. To me, it's definitely more comfortable that the virtual keyboard which took exhausting practice to adapt to. The other issue is that on both phones I carry my entire picture collection (over 5,500 pics) and while the DX can load the gallery in less than 10 seconds, the pro takes about 5-10 minutes! Overall, I like it, just because I know it's just a travel phone and not an everyday phone. For regular use, I have the car dock and home dock for the DX which has taken the place of my Tom Tom in the car and my bedside alram clock. To me, it's kind of like comparing a BMW 760Li that you can't drive outside the country to a 330ci that can go anywhere in the world...