Unified Inbox

tennvol

Reaction score
Since the Pro is supposed to be a Blackberry killer does it have a unified inbox? I've been using a D1 for the last year and I always missed the QWERTY physical keyboard of the BB and the unified inbox. I know K9 mail has the unified inbox but I miss the ability to always view emails in a single inbox.

Reaction score
I know for a fact that there is a Universal Inbox that combines messages from all accounts (email, facebook, text messages, etc etc). However, I think Gmail is separate. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
I figured that was the case, although I'm sure you could use K9 and get the combined inbox that way. I was hoping this device would have Blackberry like email capabilities where it could open and you could see all your messages, across all your accounts, without having to click twice, ie open k9, and then open the combined inbox.

I wonder why this isn't a core part of the Android OS?

FMINUS

Reaction score
Lets hope the new os update has an option for that

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

BlacknGold

Reaction score
There is a Universal Inbox, but it seems funny to me that you can't put it on your homepage!

You have to open "Messages" and the select "Universal Inbox".

As far as I can tell, anyway.

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
There is a Universal Inbox, but it seems funny to me that you can't put it on your homepage!

You have to open "Messages" and the select "Universal Inbox".

As far as I can tell, anyway.

I do not know if this works, but someone in the Android Forums posted an answer here: Universal inbox - Android Forums. If you try it let us know if it works.

google123

Reaction score
I posted that how-to over on android forums. this places an icon on the homepage that takes you to the universal inbox. i did it using laucherpro activities shortcut so if you are not using LauncherPro, I'm not sure if there is a way to place that icon on there.

1. Install LauncherPro (free version available in the market)
2. With LauncherPro running.....
3. Press/hold on homescreen...
4. Choose shortcuts
5. Choose Activities (has the yellow LauncherPro icon next to it)
6. When the activities list opens, scroll all the way down to Universal Inbox and click it...
7. A sub list will open showing Universal Inbox and Edit Universal Inbox.
8. Choose Universal Inbox
9. You have now placed a shortcut that will open the Universal Inbox on your homescreen.

FNFAN

Reaction score
Unified

Hi All!

So, let me get this straight, if you'll be patient for a second. Android now has a single place to go for:

1. GMAIL, HOTMAIL, Yahoo or other webmail services
2. Microsoft Exchange mail
3. Texts

Am I right about this or is the Unified inbox still segregated?

Thanks!