Few Questions - New Droid RAZR MAXX User

altjx

Reaction score
Just sold my iPhone 4s and now have a DROID RAZR MAXX... Few question:
  1. I really hate the GMAIL app because it does not have unified inbox, displaying all of my inboxes at once. However, when I try to add my gmail account to the "Email" app, it repeatedly tells me invalid credentials when I'm 100% positive that it works. I have "Show password" checked and the password is correct, the email is correct, and I've even logged in through my home computer's web browser to validate the correct credentials. What's wrong with this? I figured this would probably happened, considering Google probably wants to make everyone use the gmail app, but then I could be wrong.
  2. How do I set the return key in the android keyboard to send messages?
  3. Is there a way to not use the "gmail" app and only use the email app?
  4. Is there such thing as "google active sync" like with iPhone (http://goo.gl/vGIAM)? I know google don't have android users using IMAP and POP3 still do they?
Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I thought the Email app had a Unified Inbox? How can I see all of my inboxes at once?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
To see all in boxes try the" all mail " tab in your labels. I use my browser for my gmail. So I can't help you with the other questions.

But I like the browser experience better than the app. Sorry I couldn't help more. Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
To see all in boxes try the" all mail " tab in your labels. I use my browser for my gmail. So I can't help you with the other questions.

But I like the browser experience better than the app. Sorry I couldn't help more. Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Where's the "all mail" tab and where's the "labels?" We're talking about the email app right?

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Also, why does the "sync" icon in my notification tray just sit there? Is this actually still syncing or is this stating that i have synced emails configured? not sure.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Hmm, is it just me or what? Things are taking so long to do things over the internet. Google voice been signing in my google account for the past 1.5 minutes... Adding an email took me about 2 minutes before it came back telling me anything.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
altjx said:
Where's the "all mail" tab and where's the "labels?" We're talking about the email app right?

OK when you open you app, the gmail app. On the too left corner it should say inbox. Tap inbox, scroll down to all mail. Its right above spam.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
altjx said:
Hmm, is it just me or what? Things are taking so long to do things over the internet. Google voice been signing in my google account for the past 1.5 minutes... Adding an email took me about 2 minutes before it came back telling me anything.

Are you on 4g?? I was going to suggest that your have a bad data connection for it to be taking that long to sync. Do a reboot. Power off and power on.

See if that helps.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Are you on 4g?? I was going to suggest that your have a bad data connection for it to be taking that long to sync. Do a reboot. Power off and power on.

See if that helps.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Will do and I'll post back in just a minute. And yep, I'm on 4g.
OK when you open you app, the gmail app. On the too left corner it should say inbox. Tap inbox, scroll down to all mail. Its right above spam.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Ah, there's actually an "All Mail" folder inside of every gmail account I believe, so this only shows all sent and received mail for that particular account.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Ok, looks like it's working a little bit faster.. I just need to find out about disabling this lame "gmail" app and getting unified mail in the Email app, if it's even supported.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
altjx said:
Ok, looks like it's working a little bit faster.. I just need to find out about disabling this lame "gmail" app and getting unified mail in the Email app, if it's even supported.

As I said, sorry I couldn't help more, I don't use that app. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Pretty awkward how randomly my email app gets connection errors...

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
No problem man :) Thanks for your help, however :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
altjx said:
No problem man :) Thanks for your help, however :)

Yvw … :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty awkward how randomly my email app gets connection errors...

I find that K9 mail app is much better. Also mail DROID app both free tonight in market. Faster and multiple account.

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find that K9 mail app is much better. Also mail DROID app both free tonight in market. Faster and multiple account.

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,

Edit. Not just tonight..lol Stupid text prediction sucks...

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,