MOVE deleted email from Trash back to Inbox ??

stakeout

Reaction score
on my wife's Razr Maxx running ICS using the stock email app POP account( NOT Gmail)... she moved a bunch of emails from Inbox to Trash .. now she wants to move some of them back from Trash to the Inbox... cannot find a way to do this... am I missing something... I have a D3 and it can be done on Gingerbread.. sure doesn't look good

any help appreciated.. :)

cleave

Reaction score
stakeout said:
on my wife's Razr Maxx running ICS using the stock email app POP account( NOT Gmail)... she moved a bunch of emails from Inbox to Trash .. now she wants to move some of them back from Trash to the Inbox... cannot find a way to do this... am I missing something... I have a D3 and it can be done on Gingerbread.. sure doesn't look good

any help appreciated.. :)

With my email (Gmail)...you just "select" the email in the trash by long pressing it. Then tap the "labels" icon (picture that looks like a label). Then check the box next to "inbox" and select "okay." Now it's back in the inbox.

It might help though to know which email she is using?

OP
stakeout

stakeout

Reaction score
With my email (Gmail)...you just "select" the email in the trash by long pressing it. Then tap the "labels" icon (picture that looks like a label). Then check the box next to "inbox" and select "okay." Now it's back in the inbox.

It might help though to know which email she is using?

she is using the 'stock' POP3 email account the Icon with the envelope with the 'red circle @ ' in it NOT the Gmail or Yahoo Imap account.. she has ICS ....I've tried just about everything I could think of.. long presses...etc...no good.. there seems to be NO option like there is in Gingerbread by a 'long press' on the particular email in the Trash account to get a drop down and MOVE an email to another folder.. I just find it hard to believe that they took a move backward in ICS

cleave

Reaction score
stakeout said:
she is using the 'stock' POP3 email account the Icon with the envelope with the 'red circle @ ' in it NOT the Gmail or Yahoo Imap account.. she has ICS ....I've tried just about everything I could think of.. long presses...etc...no good.. there seems to be NO option like there is in Gingerbread by a 'long press' on the particular email in the Trash account to get a drop down and MOVE an email to another folder.. I just find it hard to believe that they took a move backward in ICS

Hmmm...sorry about that, but i don't use that email icon. I can't imagine that they would eliminate that option in an upgraded software version. Maybe your wife can go into her settings and forward all her incoming email to a new Gmail account? She will obviously need to create a Gmail account, but on my phone, the Gmail app works flawlessly...just a thought.

OP
stakeout

stakeout

Reaction score
have Gmail separate account already along with a Yahoo email account... the Pop3 account is her main 'home email' account .. I have it the same way on my D3

I just thought maybe someone on here might know of a way to do what I wanted to do .. thought maybe I missed something...

thanx :)

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cannot see a way to do it on the POP email account either. I've looked before and see absolutely no option for moving it back. All I can suggest is to forward any that are in the trash to herself.....
Also, I just saw another option. If you open an email in the trash folder that she wants saved, press menu and save. This will download it the the phones download folder...

Last edited:
OP
stakeout

stakeout

Reaction score
I cannot see a way to do it on the POP email account either. I've looked before and see absolutely no option for moving it back. All I can suggest is to forward any that are in the trash to herself.....
Also, I just saw another option. If you open an email in the trash folder that she wants saved, press menu and save. This will download it the the phones download folder...

funny thing is.. with all these high tech mobile OS coming out with Jelly Bean to follow they disregard the basics like what I was asking about... thanx for the help... I tried every which way I knew before posting.. thought maybe I was missing something or there was a round-about way to do it.. looks like there isn't... the option to do it from Trash back to inbox is still there on my 'old ancient dinosaur Gingerbread equipped Droid 3':)

fireman00

Reaction score
With my email, a POP3 account, I open the stock email program, tap on Inbox and choose Trash. From Trash I tap the email(s) I want to restore after which 5 icons appear at the bottom of the screen (Trash, Move To, Read/ Unread, Flag/ Unflag and Select All). I choose the email I want to restore then tap "Move To" then "Inbox".

OP
stakeout

stakeout

Reaction score
With my email, a POP3 account, I open the stock email program, tap on Inbox and choose Trash. From Trash I tap the email(s) I want to restore after which 5 icons appear at the bottom of the screen (Trash, Move To, Read/ Unread, Flag/ Unflag and Select All). I choose the email I want to restore then tap "Move To" then "Inbox".

does your Maxx have the ICS update.. sounds like it is still running Gingerbread that came with it like my Droid 3.. that's the scenario I have in my stock POP3 email account... very e-z to do with Gingerbread.. so far cannot do with my wife's Maxx in ICS

OP
stakeout

stakeout

Reaction score
running stock Android version 4.04, ICS.

same OS on her Maxx... but only has 4 icons on bottom.. not 5 .. when in Trash Folder and select an email... it shows Trash... Mark read/Unread...Flag... and Select All.. there is no Move To icon..

here's a pic ..

View attachment 55834

fireman00

Reaction score
Interesting....here's the icons i have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
fireman00 said:
Interesting....here's the icons i have.

In your description you said you have 5 icons but in the screen shot I only see 4 icons.

fireman00

Reaction score
Good eye! Yes, because there was only one email in the Trash folder the Select All icon didn't appear. Here is what it looks like with multiple emails.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, but where's the "move to" option? If I choose select all it just selects (places a check mark in the left box) all emails in trash. I can't see any option to move them. I can only trash, mark read/unread, and flag. (3 choices once select all has been clicked)

Last edited: