1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unified Inbox/Messaging

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by kylo77, Jun 3, 2013.

1. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

Hello,

When I activated my S4 it said that I now have a Unified Inbox. I use my phone for work and have my office Exchange account activated on the phone. Last thing I want is my text messages showing up in my email box. Is there anyway to turn this off.

thanks in advance!
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

To be honest I'm not sure what that is. I don't have exchange, but do have my work email setup in the main Email app, and it doesn't mix with my text messages in any form or fashion.
  3. sarcasmo

sarcasmo New Member

I'm also annoyed by this.

My SMS messages show up in "Email", as well as in "Messaging". When I go into the settings for email, the only options I see are to modify the settings for each of my email accounts. I see no settings related to disabling SMS messages in the combined inbox.

I have to believe I'm not the only one annoyed by this and that there's a way to disable it.
  4. alowbman

alowbman New Member

It's in the corporate email settings. Click on more settings and uncheck the sync SMS box. You will not receive texts in your email any longer.
  5. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

It can be disabled. In your email client go to settings and select your account. Scroll to the bottom and click more settings...then towards the bottom under sync calendar and contacts it lists sync sms. Uncheck this. I missed it the first few times as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
  6. angelbelle1976

angelbelle1976 New Member

Thank You

Thank you so much. I was going crazy with it doing this. And then I realized the messages were going into my School account. You are a life saver.

7. GeoffDavis

GeoffDavis New Member

Phew glad thats sorted, what a stupid idea, If I view my message, the message in the synced mail box should also have been marked as read...

I notice you do need to select the correct (default?) email account in your settings: ->[Settings]->[Correct Account]->[More Settings]->[Sync SMS]
    (I had to send myself a text to see which email account was syncing with my SMS as I have 3 different accounts...)

Also, for some reason, my default email account (hotmail) does not show up in the list if I go straight to [Settings]->[Accounts]->[eMail]

Anyway, Problem solved. Thanks all...
    (1 happy bunny)
Search tags for this page
android combining inbox text messages
combined inbox galaxy s4

galaxy s4 combined email

galaxy s4 combined inbox

how to delete combine message from the inbox
how to remove combined inbox on s4
how to turn off combined inbox in galaxy s4
how to turn off combined inbox on galaxy s4
remove combined email from galaxy s4