Unified inbox app for ICS

binary

Reaction score
Hope this has not been covered or is too basic a question BUT (always a but),

I am looking for a unified inbox app for my razr maxx running ics. I had one as part of my standard software on my droid x but the verizon guy is saying there is no such thing on the razr. I don't really trust what they tell me at verizon most of the time so that brings me here before you fine people hat in hand looking for answers.

I would like something that can handle 2 yahoo, 1 gmail and my texts in one place.

Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

SallyC

Reaction score
There is not a unified inbox in ICS. K-9 email app might do it, I don't have any experience with that. I did read the following "how to" from here that might work.

How to receive your multiple emails to a single inbox on your Android Phone

Configure and Receive Multiple emails to a single Gmail
:
  1. Log in to your Gmail (This will be your primary email account where all emails will be received)
  2. Go to email settings
  3. Click on “Accounts and Import ” tab
  4. Scroll down to “Check mail using POP3″ option and click on “Add a POP3 mail account you own”
  5. Type the email address from which you want the emails to be received and click on next step
  6. Type the password(Don’t worry, it is absolutely safe)
  7. Do not change the pop server settings. Google automatically configures for your email address
  8. Select the 2nd and 3rd check box and click on “Add Account” button
  9. Finish the process and you will now start seeing the emails from the added account in your inbox. It may take some time to download all the emails.
This is the first step, once you have completed the above changes, you will never have to log in to multiple email accounts to check your email. As soon as an email is received on your other accounts, it will be downloaded to your primary account

Setup the multiple inbox email account on your Android:
  1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Accounts and Sync Settings
  3. Select Add Account and press on Google Account
  4. Complete the process of adding your Gmail account.
  5. Within few mins, the Gmail inbox will be filled with your emails
Note: If there are more than one Gmail accounts configured, go to settings of the Gmail app and press on Accounts options to select the desired email account. Next time when a new email is received in any of the email Ids which you have added, you will see a notification on your android phone.

OP
B

binary

Reaction score
Thank you for the great info. I will try it and see what I find. Will post results.

wsmitty

Reaction score
There is a unified mail box in ICS. It is through Verizon and their Backup Assistant +. When you go to their website and create or log in to their backup assistant, it sets up a unified mailbox right there and sets up your phone for you.

You can use google, yahoo, etc. through it.