Really annoyed with my phone

Sherwood

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am currently on my 4th droid pro and I am just fed up. I am having so many rebooting freezing, lag problems I just can't take it. I want to switch to blackberry. However, my 30 day trade in policy is already up. So I came here to get advice on how I may be able to trade in my practically brand new droid pro (just got this new one in mail 4 days ago), for a blackberry bold 9650. Please, it would help so much if you guys can give any tips!

Thanks so much.. ps if this helps we are 6 year + verizon customers... Oh and I activated the phone on christmas so its like 15 days past the return policy or something

Ride

Reaction score
Don't that I can help with trading, but four in a row is seriously bad luck. Have you run any of these stock (without additional apps from marketplace)? Could be one of your apps causing trouble?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

nanohead

Reaction score
I've been lucky. My first one was a dud, but the replacement has been perfect (other than android software PITA problems)

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
Lucky for you guys.... I honestly hate it. And I hate the android system. It's so buggy and after it's been sitting for like 20 minutes and I try to turn on the screen, it takes like 3 seconds for all the icons and stuff to load which is really a pain in the ass...

I still am back to my original question.. if anyone knows how I can somehow trade this in for a blackberry bold!

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
Okay I guess I will try craigslist but I am just afraid I will get a dud phone from the person

kjjb0204

Reaction score
May I suggest you try swapping for a new droid pro at another verizon store. I find it very difficult to believe you've had four brand new devices, all with freezing and lagging issues. This phone is fast. You're either loading an app or changing settings that is making it do that, or your store has a bad batch, which is also very difficult to believe. Or, you're looking for an excuse to forgive yourself for retreating back to BB.

jwgraves

Reaction score
I don't buy it....4 dud Pros? Makes no sense, you're loading some app that is screwing up the phone or doing something else. There are too many people loving this phone for there to be that bad of a quality control problem.

I've had 2 personally. First one was flawless but started to develop some serious dust under the screen. VZW replaced it and my second is just as flawless, and since I'm now using a holster - no dust.

It's a great phone.

brocbsdroid

Reaction score
I'm on my first one, no problems. The only complaints I could have would be the battery life, which is better since I deleted everything from the work and weekend profiles, and the camera which is about worthless. I've had 2MP cameras take a better picture than this supposedly 5mp.

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
Okay you guys don't have to"buy it". But yeah I hate droid so whatever. And it is my fourth, the first one had a p key that didn't work, the second one had the keyboard backlight not working and the third and fourth ones had rebooting issues. So yeah..

warrior21

Reaction score
Did you go into the store personally or did you call customer service. Sometimes they give you the runaround when you go in and tell you they can't do things but when you actually call they tend to get things done. Let them know the problems you are having with the phone and ask to speak to a manager if necessary. I have been dealing with Verizon for a many years and they have always resolved any issues I have had when it comes to phone quality. Let them know you are on your fourth phone and would like to resolve the situation without being sent another bad Pro.

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
Will do. Thank you. I have actually gone into the store once. So I am going to try a different store and then I am going to try to call Verizon cs. I also ordered the phone from amazon so do you think I should call them for a replacement or Verizon? Amazon sent the first 2 replacements and verixon sent the most recent replacememnt

warrior21

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it works when you get a phone from Amazon. I would call Verizon customer service and see what your options are and go from there.