Started off Loving Phone, Now it Does Nothing but Lag & Battery Dies... Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by M.J.H., Nov 23, 2010.

1. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Available here

2. bwhite757

bwhite757 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to second this too. Rooting the phone literally does NOTHING to the performance of the phone. In most cases you have to Root to get rid of the bloat that's making the performance suffer.

Don't just be throwing statements out there like, "That's the price you pay for rooting, us non-rooted users are just fine..." I will agree that there is risk in rooting some devices, mainly the ways in which you are attacking the phone to obtain Root access, but once obtained, basically all you get is super user privileges. There are plenty of us here "Rooted" users that are enjoying our phones more than those "Non-Rooted" users....

To each their own though. I won't dog on anyone's decision to do anything to their phone. You paid the $$$ for it, do whatever you want with it. Just don't go around spreading false truths that you really don't know anything about.

Now back to the OP;
    I would also recommend jhalsey205's post on here (Post #2). Another thing I would suggest would be to download Launcher Pro for the home screen replacement as I personally feel the Blur home is sluggish. Handcent SMS is also a good alternative messaging app to the stock that I would recommend.

Root the phone, get rid of the bloat, and condition the battery. All phones (Especially Android's) have what I call a battery "Burn-in" phase. It's where the phone learns the characteristics of the battery that has been placed in it, and eventually the time it takes to discharge fully gets longer and longer. Usually after a weeks time with an Android phone, I'm averaging 4-5 hours more battery life than out of the box.

3. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Big thumbs up for Launcher Pro here. My replacements apps include:
    Dialer -- DialerOne
    Launcher -- LauncherPro
    SMS -- Handcent
    Email -- K9 Mail
    Calendar - PocketInformant (beta)

4. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    In your contacts app, press the menu button, then choose display, and you should be able to select contacts with phone numbers only ( so only the ones displayed have phone numbers)

Droidforums.net appified!

5. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I use adw.launcher for the customizations but zeam launcher is another simple launcher that's pretty zippy once it loads. Taghome isnt bad either, and has the best app cataloging I've seen.

Droidforums.net appified!

Search tags for this page

kill lag motorola