Back To Blackberry

sir2545

Reaction score
I get chills just thinkin about that browser. Reqesting... ... ... ... Loading... ... ... ...Processing style sheet. 10 minutes later you get the Google homepage.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

scubieman

Reaction score
The blackberry took about 15 minutes to boot up. I about cried each time phone froze.

google123

Reaction score
I get chills just thinkin about that browser. Reqesting... ... ... ... Loading... ... ... ...Processing style sheet. 10 minutes later you get the Google homepage.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LOL. Maybe it wasnt quite that long but it did take a good 3 minutes to load a blank page with a logo and some links on it, aka the simple google homepage. LOL

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Ride

Reaction score
Former Curve owner and the Pro is, by far, hands down better (for me) than any BB I've owned.

Battery life: Get the extended battery, it doesn't increase the size and my Pro goes from 6am to 10pm with 40-30% charge left; this includes avg 2.5 hrs talk time with bluetooth, GPS active routing for about 60 minutes (4 locations), corporateSync, 2 Gmail, and about 20 or so texts.

As to the OP, I really think you had a bum device, but hey, BB's are not bad, just not as many bells & whistles, but very strong for corporate functionality. Enjoy your new BB.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Enjoy your Blackberry loOooser, have fun with the touch screen oh wait it doesn't have one

LOL JK.

Yeah I agree with the battery on the BB.. its crazy, I'd go at least three days before deciding to charge her back up.

You should have at least exchanged it for another one, maybe you just had a defective phone. well whatever you do good luck.

For me the ONLY reason my BB battery last longer was becuase I had no good apps on it for one. and it didn't have as many functions as my droid.

Good point. Id only really use my bb for testing and calendar..every now and then for google maps but I still thought the battery life was solid. Although id agree the browser was garbage (unless you used Opera Minim and it lacked a good chunk of Apps.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
M

mtavenger55

Reaction score
So far I've had no problem wih the web browser or it's speed. All I really need it for is for facebook, twitter (& there are apps for that), & to check scores for my sports teams & I can just go on mobile the mlb, nfl, or nhl websites for that. Youtube works fine but I'm barely on it mobile anyway. I've realized, although they are nice once in a while, I don't need all of those whistles & buttons some of these iPhones & Droids have. I'd rather have good quality over quantity. I know what's expected of a Blackberry & am pleased with it. I've played the few games the Blackberry provides as well as check my facebook & emails all day yesterday & most of today & I'm loving that battery life. Sure I'll miss Angry Birds on my phone but I have an iTouch to play it on & although I went back to the low resolution 3.2 mp camera I have 2 good cameras for video & pictures. I don't regret going back to Blackberry. Now it's like I have my old friend back.

Last edited:

medwa

Reaction score
Good for you man. Sorry your Android experience wasn't as pleasing as mine has been. Just goes to show that everyone's preferences and expectations are different. Enjoy your new bb!

Posted from my Droid Incredible

Reaction score
I just received the phone today. The keyboard is excellent, a lot better than I thought it would be. However, the call quality is mediocre and the phone gets very warm after normal use. When I was on the phone it got hot. Not hot enough to burn, but hot.

I am going to give it until Thursday. If I decide that I don't like this phone, I am getting the Bold 9650.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Blackberry to Android is a Night/Day change. Most people don't like change and won't give this phone a chance. Also it doesn't help that there seems to be a lot of defective units out there right now (However I'm sure nobody remember the trackball problems with the Tour right when it came out - which made the phone pretty much useless until you got it replaced, or the loose screen on the 1st Storms that rolled out - where the screens would literally just pop out of the phone, oh wait and wasn't there an issue with the trackpads on the 1st Bolds that rolled out???) and countless other problems that EVERY phone has right at launch time, some worse than others. Luckily I received a problem free Droid Pro. Mine got hot the first day because I was on it 24/7, not to mention the resyncing of all my apps/contacts/settings from my last Android device. I've literally never have owned a better phone. I didn't realize how much I had missed a good physical keyboard until I got used to this one, and now wow. I can pound out emails with the best of them. The keyboard/touch screen combo is awesome for me. I can navigate through things without thinking, much quicker than moving a little mouse around on the screen (Blackberry). You can't beat the Android browser, and I have become very accustom to having Flash on my phone.

Corporate email still needs work out of the box from what I'm reading. Luckily I use Google for Business, so everything syncs through GMail and works wonderfully (Yes it pushes!!) And if you're not behind a corporate server, if you just set your other email addresses to forward everything to your GMail account, push email works fine. I've heard nothing but good things on the app Touchdown which is a corporate email client that supposedly works great on the Android platform. It does cost $$$ though so I can see some people considering that a problem.

Battery Life. Yep, no way around it, if you're on your phone a lot, there's no way the standard battery is going to last you a day. It sucks, but I really think Motorola should have put a larger battery in this phone and the Droid 2. There still using the same battery from the Droid 1, which is a 600MHz powerhouse yes, but with the addition of the 1GHz processor with the D2 and DPro, a larger batter should have been incorporated, especially for the power business users. 2 options here, either carry a spare battery (my choice), or buy the extended battery. So far, I've heard almost nothing but good things from extended battery owners. (I still like knowing that I have a full battery in my back pocket whenever I need it..)

Overall, if a person comes to me and asked me to recommend them a phone, I would first have to ask, what do you want your phone to do? If the answer is only to keep in sync with my corporate email/calendar/tasks, check some things on the internet occasionally, and be able to make and receive phone calls; hey stay with Blackberry by all means. If your answer is; everything, well as the commercial says "Droid Does." I know that's a stretch, but Blackberry and Android are 2 totally different beasts, but no 2 people are alike either, so you're always going to have your hardcore diehard Blackberry fanatics, that think they might want to try something different, but then get scared of change and go back to what they know. Then you've got someone like me, I'm a gadget freak, and ex-blackberry fanatic, who simply knows the Android platform can do everything I want it to and more.

But that's the great thing about Verizon. If you don't like it, take it back within 30 days and get a Blackberry, but at least give it the 30 days, don't just get scared in a week and go running back.