Aviation logbook app

pilot25

Reaction score
There was another thread on this. We are SOL for now unless you know how to code an app. Logbook pro is working on a solution possibly mid-2010 which means 2011.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
There was another thread on this. We are SOL for now unless you know how to code an app. Logbook pro is working on a solution possibly mid-2010 which means 2011.

Any updates to anyone developing this type of app?

Plutonium

Reaction score
I'm working on one at the moment.

I use LogTen on my iPhone and it's okay, but the price is ridiculous.

My outlook is to release the Android app, with a Windows/Mac desktop and Web counterpart shortly after. Hoping for the Android app to be at a stable release within 1 month's time, with a beta release somewhere in between now and then.

Got some great features planned, like being able to export in different logbook formats from the web similar to the LogTen desktop version.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm willing to hear them! Just send me a PM on these forums.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just my own opinion, I'm sure whatever comes down the pike will be great and I may try them all.

I'm already using logbook pro with my laptop, to have an app on my Droid would be kinda redundant to me, unless it could synch up with my laptop install. Lately after the day's flying I just hit my laptop for it ...

Plutonium

Reaction score
RW-1: Can you PM me the website to that application you use? I would definitely be willing to check out integration from several other popular apps.

Also, a lot of pilot's haven't made the jump to digital logbooks yet, and some of them never will. It's every developers goal to provide something that will work for everyone.

Reaction score
If you can make even a somewhat useful logbook for the droid, I will be one of your first customers. I would love to be able to record times right after my flights.

JGH

Reaction score
Database as Logbook

In my recent Treo days I logged all my flights and instruction given in a datebase called JFile. I was able to define fields, have pull down menus for aircraft, N numbers,etc. and it was also searchable and filter-able so I was able, on the fly to see when I last flew with a student, how many times, in what aircraft, etc. REALLY miss it. Just not the same getting the laptop out at the end of the day....I kept the last 6 years of flying and instruction on it and export to Excel for permanent paper record.....JFile is not planning on developing for Android...I'm in for a solution.
-Would like to see the features above as well as import functions.
Thanks.
JGH

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Please keep us updated on here or twitter. I'm at a daily loss without a logbook (having to bring my old WM6 phone on the road, and use APDL)

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Suspense is killing me for a LOGBOOK app................:icon_eek:

Since us pilots have no solutions, I suggest users email this company, flogger, who have an app for IPHONE, and tell them to get with the times, and get a ANDROID app out there!

http://www.2ndcitysoftware.com/support/

Last edited:

pilot25

Reaction score

Since us pilots have no solutions, I suggest users email this company, flogger, who have an app for IPHONE, and tell them to get with the times, and get a ANDROID app out there!

2nd City Software :: Support

The number one company is logbookpro.com They say they are working on it but they aren't. They are working on an iphone app first. Any company would focus their attention on iphone over Droid given the choice.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score

2nd City Software :: Support

The number one company is logbookpro.com They say they are working on it but they aren't. They are working on an iphone app first. Any company would focus their attention on iphone over Droid given the choice.

This app by 2nd city will import to logbook pro.