Pilots Where Are You?????

joeyspindler

Reaction score
I was wondering how many pilots are on here. i am seeing more and more avatars that are aviation related. Just wondering how involved everyone is in the aviation industry.
I will start.
i am FBO Operator and a Airport Manager at a small airport in NW Tennessee. I have my private, instrument and multi rating. working on the commercial but been kinda lazy on that one.
Love to fly and love my Droid.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I flew 47s for 6 years in the U.S. Army until 2004.
Life's a bit more quiet now. I'm a graphic designer in D.C. for 6 years now.

I do miss flying!

OP
joeyspindler

joeyspindler

Reaction score
757 instructor for us air.

are you stuck in a simulator all day? i ask because i have a good friend who is a instructor for fed ex on the a330 and the poor guy doesn't ever get a chance to get in the air. He comes and visits me just to be able to go flying.

beleau

Reaction score
yep, don't fly the line anymore. its worth it to me to be home.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
All I ever wanted to do since I was little was to fly. I started out with models, home made hang gliders and even bed sheets used as parachutes off of the roof of our house. When I was 15 (1975) I took my first hang gliding lesson and bought a hang glider the week I turned 16. Flew it through college where I was studying to be a professional pilot. I majored in Aerospace Technology but was not able to continue flying for medical reasons. I did get my private pilots license and over 200 hours logged time. A cessna 210 was the biggest plane I was checked out in. I passed the instrument written and had enough instrument flight time, but I never went for a check ride. I sold my hang glider before I graduated for 5 free lessons in a sail plane and a Dunlop Cry Baby wah wah for my guitar :) plus a bit of cash.

I'd really love to get into ultralight flying one day, maybe when the girls are both off to college, but my wife is going to need a lot of convincing. I saw a paraplane come over the house a few weeks ago and that looks like a blast! Maybe I'll give that a try one day.