Asus Transformer Prime Release Date Leaked December 16th; Available For Pre-Order Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-transformer-prime-preorder.jpg

The Quad-Core behemoth, the Asus Transformer Prime, went up for pre-order availability just yesterday. Also, some new info just leaked that the super-tablet will officially launch on December 16th. Supposedly, Amazon of all sources, leaked out the release date of the Transformer Prime to a customer in an online conversation. Obviously this could just be a rumor, although the screenshot below seems to suggest it has some merit. Still, even if the screenshot is legit, the Amazon employee could simply have been mistaken.

asus-transformer-prime-release-date-screenshot.jpg

Ultimately, since pre-orders have begun, it is possible that this date is solid, but we will just have to wait to find out. Here's a refresher on specs and price:
  • 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor
  • Android 3.2 Honeycomb (ICS will come to it sometime early next year)
  • 10.1-inch display
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 8-megapixel rear camera
  • 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • A microHDMI-out port and SD card support
  • Available in gray or champagne
  • $499.99 for the 32GB model
  • $599.99 for the 64GB model
Who is intrigued enough to get this for the holidays?

Source: TransformerForums via PhoneArena and BGR and AsusTablets

tadow213m

Reaction score
Is the Asus transformer prime pretty much the best performing tablet currently or does the galaxy tab 10 stand a chance? I'm considering getting a tablet so I'm curios what current galaxy tab owners think.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
Already pre-ordered this morning. This is no doubt the one for me. No need to bother with toy Nook and Fire tabs.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
as far as i can tell amazon took the pre orders down :(

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Pre-orders went up prematurely last week (on the 18th, I think). I immediately put in my order. They quickly took the pre-order page down, then put it back up earlier this week. My initial order was still showing in my account. I noticed yesterday that the pre-order price went up to $499 (it was $492 when I pre-ordered last week).

sos567656765

Reaction score
I really hope this is correct I have been dropping lots of blunt hints to my wife that this is what I want for Christmas (such as emailing her a link to the Amazon pre-order page)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I plan to get it...not before the new year though. It's the first tablet that has come out that I am willing to spend the money on. the keyboard, looks and power is what did it for me.

sarreq

Reaction score
and going by asus's YouTube demo, it should be the first tablet to get ICS (OTA, not shipped)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm in! Getting it.. if the 9th is right, it will be the day afer my birthday so i will have the cash to blow.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Preordered today...with this and the nexus, Dec will be a good month

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was gonna be my first tablet, but I ended up waiting at best buy in line for 3 hours(I got lucky and me and my friend got to cut more than half the people in line with no one getting mad) and got ticket number 15 or of 20 for the Asus Transformer for 250 bucks, plus my 50dollar reward zone giftcard. So I couldn't pass that up! Love it already! It's only been open for like 20minutes, but its awesome! Now, just waiting on that Nexus!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My wife pre ordered mine from Tiger Direct. Main reason, no sales tax. With shipping it was $507.