Newegg's Asus Transformer Prime Pre-Order Suggests December 8th Release Date

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
transformer-prime-newegg-release-date.jpg

There are several retailers you can pre-order the Asus Transformer Prime, including Asus' own pre-order website. However, if you pre-order the Asus Transformer Prime over at Newegg, you are treated to an expected release date of December 8th, 2011. Nothing has been confirmed officially, but if this date turns out to be true, then December 8th will be a big day of new Android launches. Sound off if you are planning to get this tab.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Engadget and Newegg

Last edited:

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I plan to get it early in 2012 hopefully...gotta recover from getting my nexus in a couple weeks before I drop another 650.00 for the tablet and keyboard.

LuvMusic

Reaction score
My opinion is the regular Transformer at Gamestop (Yes, you read that right....Gamestop) for $299.99 is a deal, or, if you are into gaming, the $329.00 gaming bundle with the game pad and free games.

I have ordered the bundle for my gaming son who wanted a tablet for Christmas. He will LOVE this bundle! FYI, not affiliated with Gamestop! :p

Mouthpuncher

Reaction score
Will this tablet be able to take full advantage of Amazon's market and streaming if you get the Kindle app? I am on the fence trying to decide between this and the Kindle Fire in which I like all the perks that Amazon gives you if you have a prime account (free borrowing of books, streaming, etc.). Are these perks exclusive to the Kindle Fire only? I would much rather pay more and have the ASUS Transformer Prime with the overpowered specs and use that as an ereader if I can do everything on it that I could do with a Kindle Fire.

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Will this tablet be able to take full advantage of Amazon's market and streaming if you get the Kindle app? I am on the fence trying to decide between this and the Kindle Fire in which I like all the perks that Amazon gives you if you have a prime account (free borrowing of books, streaming, etc.). Are these perks exclusive to the Kindle Fire only? I would much rather pay more and have the ASUS Transformer Prime with the overpowered specs and use that as an ereader if I can do everything on it that I could do with a Kindle Fire.

The kindle fire will be the limited device, the prime is a full blown tablet so I don't think there is anything that the fire can do that the prime can't and a LOT that the prime can do that the kindle can't and will never be able to do even with a custom rom due to missing hardware.

geoff5093

Reaction score
The best deal was when Best Buy had this for $250, I picked one up and the keyboard dock for $99 - Best $350 spent!

Rick_Riss

Reaction score
Asus Transformer Prime

I have preordered the Prime and Dock from Best Buy. I ordered the Champagne color which I am beginning to think may ship later than the black. I placed my preorder on November 27th and now my order page on Best Buy indicates the prime will ship Dec18th and the dock Dec31st.:icon_ banana:

transformer-prime-newegg-release-date.jpg

There are several retailers you can pre-order the Asus Transformer Prime, including Asus' own pre-order website. However, if you pre-order the Asus Transformer Prime over at Newegg, you are treated to an expected release date of December 8th, 2011. Nothing has been confirmed officially, but if this date turns out to be true, then December 8th will be a big day of new Android launches. Sound off if you are planning to get this tab.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Engadget and Newegg