ASUS Transformer Prime Could be Delayed Due to WiFi Issues; Or Shipping Dec. 19th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asusdelay-transf-prime-dec-19.png

The new Asus Transformer Prime had some rumored release dates that were dancing around, even after several retailers like Best Buy and Staples put the device up for pre-order. The most solid rumor put the release date of the device around December 19th or 20th. Unfortunately, an email from NCIX was just released that strongly suggests the Asus Transformer Prime would be delayed due to WiFI problems. The company even went to the trouble to offer $25 dollar off coupons to its customers who pre-ordered the device if they wanted to select another tablet. Here's the direct quote from the email, pictured above:

“Unfortunately, we just received word that the ASUS Transformer Prime has been delayed worldwide and will most likely not be available before Christmas. ASUS feels the WiFi range does not currently meet their standards and has delayed all shipments worldwide. At the moment there is no ETA and no information on available quantities on the first batch.”

Interestingly, this may not turn out to be accurate though. No other similar statements have been made by any of the other retailers. Obviously, this could be a case of this company finding out something that the others haven't yet, or that they simply don't want to release any info regarding it yet. However, in an update to the original story, Asus themselves came forward indicating that the launch date is still scheduled for this month. In fact, here is a direct quote from the Asus representative with a December 19th ship date still pending, “At this point, we still show to be on schedule to start shipments the week of 12/19. I will provide an update once I have additional information.”

So, either it will be delayed, or it will start shipping on December 19th. It seems we are back where we started from...

Thanks for the tip, bigfake23!

Source: TransformerForums via MobileSyrup

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There's a little left off that quote. Here is what I was reading yesterday.

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
if that turns out to be hardware or design flaw, they are gonna be in some deep ****. hopefully software or firmware update will fix it. altho, just sit next to your wifi router and all looks well. :)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sc0rch.. if i paid 500 bucks for something thats jacked up like that... it's on! ...