Astro File Manager vs Linda File Manager

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Linda File Manager vs Astro File Manager

I didn't think anything was better then Astro. I've been using it since I got my Droid in November.

I was installing this great new temperature widget by P3 (MyDroidWorld - P3Droid & Dustin Jorge Present TempMonitor 3.0) and Astro refused to install the .apk file.

On MDW web site P3 Droid advised I give Linda a shot. And it worked, the file downloaded beautifully.

Now I don't want to have to carry 2 file managers, seems silly. So Let's see what everyone thinks. I guess I'll do a poll. And please comment why you prefer one over the other.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Over the past few months, as I had more files on my card, I'd noticed Astro getting slower and slower. I began using Androzip more and more. And when the latest Astro update indicated it included pop-up ads, I didn't download it. I've been very happy with Androzip. Have you tried it? Thanks for the tip on Linda, I may give it a try. As I found out with Astro, it's good to have a backup plan in case your preferred app goes downhill.

rcd213

Reaction score
interesting, I might give it a try. However, it seems like Astro is usually considered the "gold standard" of file management, and I've had no issues thus far. If I do run into any, I'll give Linda a try.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over the past few months, as I had more files on my card, I'd noticed Astro getting slower and slower. I began using Androzip more and more. And when the latest Astro update indicated it included pop-up ads, I didn't download it. I've been very happy with Androzip. Have you tried it? Thanks for the tip on Linda, I may give it a try. As I found out with Astro, it's good to have a backup plan in case your preferred app goes downhill.

I usually use AndroZip as well i have had no problems with it what so ever.. you should try it hook...

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
+1 for androzip. used it before i used astro, then tried astro, went back

Big Lou

Reaction score
I actually use both. Linda for super quick app uninstall and Astro for everything else.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was told about Astrozip and I just assumed it was Astro they were talking about.

I'll tell you this, Linda is smaller then Astro. I'm going to run with Linda for a while and see how it works. If I need to I'll keep Astrozip in mind.

One last thing. Does Astrozip do everything that Astro does?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have been using Linda since the first time Astro expired. Does everything I need it to do and doesn't expire every few months.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I was told about Astrozip and I just assumed it was Astro they were talking about.

I'll tell you this, Linda is smaller then Astro. I'm going to run with Linda for a while and see how it works. If I need to I'll keep Astrozip in mind.

Androzip, not Astrozip. And as far as file management and zip/rar utilities, I haven't found it lacking.

It's 496k, as opposed to Astro's 2.19 M.

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Androzip does everything astro does as far as i know. really great program very small in size. easy to use..i have found nothing it is lacking in..

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Have had astro since I got my droid, so I use it as default. Tried Linda but didn't like that there is no app backup (none that I found anyway).
Just tried Andro and when I go into the app manager nothing shows up?
So, I'll stick with astro I guess, but I do like the looks of andro better.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Astro File Manager hands down

Well, I don't use Astro for a back up and how come it failed to install that temp 3.0 app that I got from P3?

I've sworn by Astro myself but this #fail when another file manger could makes me think twice.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used Astro for a long time and have tried Linda. But I uninstalled both and now use Root Explorer for all file maintenance.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used Astro for a long time and have tried Linda. But I uninstalled both and now use Root Explorer for all file maintenance.

OK for maintenance. But what are you going to do to install a .apk file? Root Explorer doesn't do that does it?