Are you happy with your Droid?

fandroid1

Reaction score
Simple question... are you happy with your Droid?

On forums you will always get people asking for help with a issue or venting about an issue and that is to be expected but I want to see how many of you are overall happy or unhappy with your purchase. please leave a post explaining why. I'd like to hear your reason.dancedroid

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Very happpy...simple really...customization ftw. best smartphone i ever owned.

ogDroid

Reaction score
Beyond happy. Open source, customization, rooting, overclocking and even the community isn't full of arrogant a-holes....yet. I've enjoyed watching the droid crowd grow, this will only increase android development which is great, always a new device/app/rom/feature/update coming out.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
definitely. i'm even happier with it now that i'm rooted and flashed with CyanogenMod

Jejackson

Reaction score
What I don't like: the fact that my screen died without warning

What I do like: Besides Android and all it's goodness, the fact that Verizon is replacing my phone for free even without insurance

Droooiiid

Reaction score
Best phone ever!

made the jump from Blackberry and never had a regret.

I love the fact that no 2 droids will be alike. It's like another finger print, LOL.

jackpfree

Reaction score
i was very unhappy before i rooted my phone to overclock/upgrade to 2.2 since my phone was just sluggish as hell. It wasnt responsive, apps would take long to load, it wouldnt jump to home very fast and when it did it took a few seconds before i could switch screens.

But now i am very happy with my ultrafast droid!

djk_dnb

Reaction score
The Droid 1 is my first smart phone, but... I had used and tested those belonging to my friends and family. The first smartphone I tried was the iPhail. I knew then and there that I should wait. It was really cool, but I found myself curious, but more annoyed than impressed. Once it came time to get a computer / phone for myself, I did my research, and discovered Android. That was IT. Android is what I WOULD CREATE if starting from scratch.

To make a long story short, I am absolutely in awe of my Droid, this mini PC in my pocket that relieves me of all anxiety which might otherwise occur while I'm away from my computer at home. All in all, it's f***ing amazing! I know all about the iPhail. F*** that dictator. I'll do what I like with my device. I'll use it like a flash drive and transfer ANY file to, or from it. I'll download any, and EVERY thing I want.

If I could make love to my Droid, we'd be stars in the industry. Alas, it was not to be, but it's still a seriously kick ass phone that never fails to impress me. I can't count the times people I know have seen me doing things with my phone and said something along the lines of, "Holy, s#!t!, that's your phone?!" I smile, and casually say, "Well...yeah." The look on their face as the iPhail in their hand nearly hits the ground is priceless.

jfoust

Reaction score
Two words - HELL YES. Couldn't be happier. Okay that's a lie. I wouldn't mind getting a Droid X, but since I'm in contract, it would cost an arm and a leg. I'm very happy with my Droid, and all my iPhone-toting co-workers are still jealous, even the guys with 4Gs'.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Beyond happy. Open source, customization, rooting, overclocking and even the community isn't full of arrogant a-holes....yet. I've enjoyed watching the droid crowd grow, this will only increase android development which is great, always a new device/app/rom/feature/update coming out.

+1^^^^^^^
:icon_ banana:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Happy? Hell yes!

A bit jealous of the newer stuff? Of course, it's natural.

It is an awesome device, and it keeps getting better! I will love it unil I go to something else, which likely may or may not be as customizable.

My bet though it that our community will hack whatever it can, maintaining our freedom to mod :)

Rsswga

Reaction score
i was like a lot of guys on here and came from a blackberry..Love my droid but I still catch myself powering up my blackberry and tinkering with it..theres just something about a blackberry, but its all about a Droid

hapster

Reaction score
Hellz yeah! It's my first smartphone and I've *LOVED* my Droid from day 1!

Sent from my Droid