So were all Droid early adopters cheated?

souljerr

Reaction score
I personally think the Droid has been one of the better purchases I've made. There have been the early adopter issues that we've all worked through but I expected those. The author of this article believes Google is eating its young and, in effect, screwing us by releasing the Nexus One.

With Nexus One, Is Google Eating Its Own Children? -- Seeking Alpha

Considering:
1. I don't plan on leaving Verizon
2. Droid is the best phone Verizon carries

Nexus One has no bearing on me as a happy Droid user.

What do you guys think?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw the source of the article, someone I've never heard of with an author that uses his initials for his name and stopped there. Where do you guys find stuff like this and does anybody really care?

OP
souljerr

souljerr

Reaction score
Bill - thought the point of this fourum was to not only help with issues that came up but to also discuss things we found about our beloved technology. Guess I'm missing something...

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I've been a VZW customer for a few years and have no plans on changing that.
For me, I find their network to be wonderfully stable and thats all that matters at the end of the day.

You can have the greatest device in the world, but if it wont function properly due to infrastructure then what good is it really?

Droid is an amazing piece of hardware that has the ability to scale up as the devs grow more adventurous. It's already fantastic, with a few little burps.. but it's going to grow and evolve like all things do. However, I dont see us needing to clamour for "D2" anytime soon like the early adopters on iPhone and Storm had to for obvious reasons. Our device works as it is.. there are some software issues that need to be ironed out but that can be handled with OTA updates and awesome app devs who work to exploit the full capibilities of our little friend.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
From what I'm reading in this article, in his words about the network and keyboard being the saving graces for the Droid, then so be it. I actually LIKE the keyboard and I LOVE the VZW network. No issues and they've been extremely good to me. Couldn't stomach going to a lesser network such as T-Mobile EVER.

brochaos

Reaction score
I didn't read the article but there is nothing that the nexus will be able to do that the droid can't and chances are when they do am apples to apples cpu comparison they will be very close...

andrewdoane

Reaction score
+1 T-Mobile is no threat to me. If there is an Android device (1) on Verizon (2) that is significantly better than the Droid (3) for about the same price and (4) it's within 6 months, I will be a little upset. But not much because I still have a great phone and I don't want them to stop making better phones. That's their job and 2 years from now I will benefit from it again.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bill - thought the point of this fourum was to not only help with issues that came up but to also discuss things we found about our beloved technology. Guess I'm missing something...

No, you're not missing anything other then in big writing in my signature it says my name is not Bill.

My point is that there are a million things out there in the internet, and if you look hard enough you can find all kinds of articles and all kinds of positions. I personally didn't see a point in the discussion. Hence does anybody care?

Sorry if you took offense in the response, it wasn't my intention.

boatman2220

Reaction score
No matter what we get, car, horse, boat, motorcycle, and phone, we'll always look at the other person's things and wonder about it. Doesn't mean we're ready to chuck our's away for the newest. ( heck, I'm riding a 98 Vulcan Classic, which is better than new by the way)

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
1) its only on T-Mobile for the time being, probably the least desirable network. I don't believe this will cut into vzw Droid sales

2) tech is constantly evolving, bigger and better is always in the pipeline. So regardless that the Droid just came out 2 months ago that excuse can't be used

3) as long as the Droid is still supported and updated regularly I don't see an issue with other android handset

Last edited:

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
For me, if google gave away their phone with the requirement that you stay on T-mobile for more than about 24 hours I'd turn it down.

I'm happy with VZW and the Droid, not lusting after anything else at this point. When 4G comes out and is widely deployed perhaps I'll want a new device and/or provider, but not today.

FoFa

Reaction score
Naw, I waited on VZW until the droid to get an iPhone like device rather than switch to AT&T. I love my droid (never thought I would say that about a phone). But you have to understand the newness of hardware is short lived. There is always something better, faster, etc. just over the horizon. So you can go broke always getting the newest and greatest, or enjoy what you have.