Charge your battery ahead of time or else.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
This should go without saying but I think I'll remind people anyway because of all the phones getting ICS in the coming months. Before you take an OTA or flash a rom or load a leak make sure that your phone is charged up. I've read many threads in here about people trying to do some sort of upgrade on a phone with a low battery. Some of the Razr guys are finding this out the hard way now. When I installed the ICS leak it took my battery down. It took a lot of juice to install it. I would recommend at least a 90% charge or better yet just leave it plugged in. The last thing that you want is for your phone to die in the middle of an upgrade. Like I said at the start this should be common sense but some people don't realize how much power an upgrade takes. It's not like downloading an app. Not even close. You've been warned. Happy ICS everyone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

cchag1

Reaction score
Hi...
Well, I am an experienced root and mod-er, albeit clumsy perhaps, and I am am ashamed to admit that I am, "That Guy." In my own defense, I did have a 90% charge when I attempted the next steps to go from GB 2 ICS, and despite my best efforts to rescue myself as soon as the above situation ensued, I have royally screwed up my Droid Razr. Here's where I am at now, posted in the sincere hope that there are still a dev or two out there who have not yet lost all patience with this trend...

I can get into AP Fastboot, but only to the sad display of "Low Batter... cannot program" etc.
I am able to have my PC (and the phone) recognize they are connected via USB Data cable.
I have not been able to access stock recovery (or any other recovery).
I have tried several of the various "reboot [insert method here] --> select [insert Fastboot Menu selection here] -->
press [insert hardkey combo here] ..." recipes for getting a charge, recovery, miracle... etc. - to no avail.

I am not exactly an ace with electricity, and I am certainly willing to purchase a "Motorola 'Factory' Style Programming Cable at a reasonable (even marginally reasonable, but I'm no millionaire) price BUT I cannot find access to one.

If anyone is willing to help, I would be truly appreciative, and if all goes well, I might even buy you a beverage of some sort or something.

Rooting and the like I am used to, yet I am a bit of a noob when it comes to interacting with the related forums, discussions and rooms, as opposed to simply reading and learning and researching them. In fact, I am not even really sure how this part works. All I know is that it's time to get some help rescuing the RAZR. Thanks in advance?:unsure: