Apple Media Event 2010

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
boring, now they're just showing apps...

no mention of 3g/4g/phone service. FAIL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
fox biz just put the leveno touch screen on there and its twice the space and it may be cheaper (500), and have flash. uh ohhhhhhh apple better scale down that preice

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
fox biz just put the leveno touch screen on there and its twice the space and it may be cheaper (500), and have flash. uh ohhhhhhh apple better scale down that preice
Apple's prices are traditionally higher. MacBooks are more expensive than PC laptops. Apple can get away with higher prices because of the name "Apple". People will pay more to have the name....

ipawd1

Reaction score
So wait... you buy the ipad, then you have to buy that A4 Chip for it to run?

Not impressed

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apple's prices are traditionally higher. MacBooks are more expensive than PC laptops. Apple can get away with higher prices because of the name "Apple". People will pay more to have the name....

Yeah u right, but apple is innovative and with out them we would not have iphone and droid. But I will not buy any more apple products for the prices they charge when there are companies out there building similar devices and dont thumb their noses at adobe or other major developers who dont bow down to apple's demands

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yup, they wont go down in the pricing, the pricing is what it will be until they choose it not to be, which probably won't be for awhile. IF they even say the pricing today.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah u right, but apple is innovative and with out them we would not have iphone and droid. But I will not buy any more apple products for the prices they charge when there are companies out there building similar devices and dont thumb their noses at adobe or other major developers who dont bow down to apple's demands
Apple's innovation has no question led to the devices we see today, which I why I won't bash Apple's products... they are cool, and great for those who like them. But I'm not a fan....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah that's about where i'm at, their devices are just way too expensive for what they do not a days. Way too many choices.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are talking about watching MLB on iPad. Saying you can run all existing iPhone apps, which I think they already said once.

Now he's talking about using iPads as Kindles. iBook Store, integrated with iBook app.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah HookBill, the MLBtv app has been around for awhile though... not that exciting

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
IMHO This thing is a joke... mostly an oversized iPhone without the phone part.

No Flash?

I see no value in this whatsoever. Even my fanboi boss is disappointed in what they've shown on it.